Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Which rack?

Jerry Ward
Limited Member

I'm new to the Jeep world and just purchased a 2014 JKU Sport mid-December.  I need to outfit it with a quality roofrack that will hold several hundred pounds worth of canoe and assorted gear.  Would prefer one that did not require drilling.  There are lots of options out there and was wondering if you guys had any advice for me.  Thanks in advance...Jerry

--

Phil 4:13  www.ozarkmountainpreparedness.com

January 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
I have a Rage basket on my TJ and really like it. But it's mounted to a Kongo Kage rack that's rated for 500 lbs and that's where the strength is.
January 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jerry Ward
Limited Member

Thanks!  I was looking at the Kongo Kage.  The Jeep is my daily driver and work frequently finds me driving across country to NV, AZ, UT, ID, etc..  Do you have much wind noise and/or a dramatic loss of mpg?  Thanks, Jerry

--

Phil 4:13  www.ozarkmountainpreparedness.com

January 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Not at all on the noise , and as far as mpg , I don't really ever check it. It's a Jeep :)
January 16, 2014 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

I have a Lange rack for sale. It mounts using the existing windshield pillar posts. No drilling. The rear rack mounts on the spare. It would work for a canoe depending on length. There is some air noise, but I have wondered if adding an airfoil would help with that. I haven't found a weight limit, but here's the rack info if you want to check it out. http://www.langeoriginals.com/langeZC/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12&zenid=e8b26cf3b583246d65e8d98a3ce158e9

--

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

February 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM