Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > For Sale > Kayak/Gear racks for JK or JKU

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

I have two rack systems for sale - both work on a 2 or 4 door. The first is a Lange Rack. It mounts on the windshield bolts hand even adds a mirror bracket. The rear bar attaches to the spare tire. I was running an oversized tire so I added some hardware to make it work. I have all the original pieces. This rack works great to haul a kayak on a JK. On a JKU the bars are too far apart for a kayak under 12 feet. Here is a link for the Lange Rack:

http://www.langeoriginals.com/langeZC/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=59

The second rack is a Bestop High Rock overhead rack. It is designed for a soft top and I have used it on both a JK or a JKU. There is a basket available from Bestop that goes with it if you want overhead storage. The rack alone is rated for 150 pounds. It installs like a clamp over the side of the tub and has foam backing that protects the paint on your jeep. The hoops install or come off in just a couple minutes so it's super simple to load up. Short kayaks can be hauled with just this rack, with the linget ones I used the front Lange rack piece and one of the Bestop hoops. I have used this system to haul lumber. It's a great system. Here's a link:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12034_0302_07.htm?sgsc=C6Z06ZR1C6Z06ZR1&utm_medium=compshop&utm_source=googlemerchant&gclid=CMb5nMWcmLwCFRAS7AodPUQAaQ

I would sell the Lange rack for $200, the Bestop for $150 - or I would make a better deal on both. I am located near Eureka Springs and can be reached here or by email at artsifrtsy@yahoo.com - I can also be reached by text at 479-981-0829

--

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

January 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day