Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > The Camp Chef > "ZIPLOC" OMELET

Trailfrog
Site Owner

This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes [we did 15 minutes]. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

September 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NightStalker
Limited Member

It would take longer, but you can do the same by running them through the wash and rinse cycles in your dishwasher.  Not that I woould know, since I have never had a working dish washer.  :D

--

1977 CJ7 Project Underway

September 16, 2009 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Nothing beat fried taters and onions, but this is one that we like very much if you are not primitive camping.

We take about 1/2 of a pork loin and give it a good bath of Bar-B-Q sause and then sprinkle onion soup mix over the top.  We put it in the crock pot the night before and leave it to slow cook.  Forget about it in the morning and when you show up for lunch you are good to go and then have it for the rest of the weekend.  You have BBQ pork for dinner or just make a ton of BBQ sandwichs out of it.  Makes a lot and that is usually good because we usually have a lot of visitors show up at camp....  ;)  I like to think it is because people like me or seek my knowledge but it is usually because people are wanting to ask Brad question.  Or maybe its just because they can smell the BBQ :tongue:

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

September 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NightStalker
Limited Member

My guess in the smell of BBQ.

Since you mentioned fried tators on onions, here is my little twist on it.

Eggs Patrick

Slice and fry potaoes, (one per person) in ex-large iron skillet at same time add cut up pieces of bacon or hot sausage.  Once about 1/2 done slice and add Vidalia onions.  Here is the scary part, most people wish not to ever fry eggs in an iron skillet, but I did on a regular basis.  Add 1 to 2 eggs, beaten, per person and mix well.  Season however you like.

We used to camp at this camp ground locatate at Patrick Bridge on the North Fork of the White River and of course, that is where we came up with the name Eggs Patrick.

Ohh, the eggy iron skillet...  Once done cooking, turn upside down on the hot coals or open fire and burn to clean.  Afterwards add a light coat of cooking oil to prevent rust.

Enjoy.

September 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10