Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Testimonies > 20 year old gives up everything, moves to Uganda, and cares for hundreds of children

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

A friend and co-worker told me about this extraordinary young woman named Katie.  I wanted to share an excerpt from her blog.   It is an awesome testimony!

"Most days, I don’t have much of a plan. I don’t always know where this is going. I can’t see the end of the road, but here is the great part: Courage is not about knowing the path. It is about taking the first step. It is about Peter, getting out of the boat. I do not know my five year plan; even tomorrow will probably not go as I have planned. I am thrilled and I am terrified, in a good way. So some call it courage, some call it foolish, I call it Faith. I choose to get out of the boat. To take the next step. Sometimes I walk straight into His arms. More often, I get scared and look down and stumble. Sometimes I almost completely drown. And through it all, He never lets go of my hand."

If you'd like to read more about her, go to http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

To get a quick fill in on her story, read the post from August 14th, 2009.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

September 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

WOW !  What a powerful testimony!  I would like to put some kind of link to Katie's blog on our website what does everyone think?

September 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

As I read more of her posts and get an insight into what she is doing over there and what she is going through... what can I say, I am just floored.

This is the kind of person, along with the Holy Spirit,  that can change your life, change your heart, just by listening to what she has to say.

This is the kind of person that REALLY "stepped out of the boat" and is making a difference. 

As my friend put it when he told me about her, "Warning though: reading this blog may make you want to do something irrational or foolish, like selling all your stuff and giving your money away or moving to a foreign country to preach the Gospel. Jesus is weird like that. :) "

She is making a difference for eternity and I pray that I could find that kind of courage.

--

September 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Just wanted to share Katie's latest post.  She is asking for specific prayer.  Lets stand together and pray for Katie and her kiddos.

I was not going to share this publicly, but in the interest of having as many prayer warriors on our side as possible, I changed my mind...

The paperwork on some of my girls may or may not be missing something, depending on who I am listening to.

Tomorrow at 10 am my time, a meeting will take place that will determine what needs to be done and if our family can stay as is.

We know that nothing that will take place is outside God's sovereignty, His perfect will for our lives.

At the same time, we are pleading that our God in all His infinite mercy would allow this sweet family that He so perfectly knit together to STAY together.

My human self wants to be worried right now but as I look back at God's faithfulness to our family over the last two years, I can find no reason to doubt.

To the God who softened the hearts of the kings...

--

September 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Praying for this amazing woman and her ministry.

September 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day