Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Other > Need help - Troubleshooting

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Hey guys.  I need your help.  We hopped in my wife's 2005 Pathfinder this morning and I went to crank the heat up and the blower isn't working.  It won't blow on any setting. (low, high or anything in between)

Ours has rear air and the blower for the rear air is working fine.

I checked all the fuses and they are all fine.  I also switched the fuses for the rear air and the front air to see if that would get the front to blow and no luck.

Don't know what to do from here.  I tried researching on the internet and haven't really come up with much.  Anyone got some help or input?

Thanks.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

October 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leftlanetruckin
Limited Member

Hey Chris,

First off, you have covered the fuses being good from your post?

Next is to find the relay for the blower motor and ensure it is good. Either test it or swap it for a known good part. With the current a blower motor pulls, they are always going through a relay mate.

Assuming that tests fine (I hope it doesn't...lol), you will need to get to the blower motor wiring and check that it is indeed getting 12 volts.

If it is getting 12 volts, it is either the motor or the resistor in the motor housing. Resistors can be picked up from Radio Shack and soldered into the motor housing.

If it is not getting 12 volts to the motor, there is a wiring issue somewhere between the relay and motor or the switch is bad.

In that case, pull the switch and check it for putting out power and getting it aswell.

Feel free to call me if you need any other help. I know nothing about the Pathfinder specifically, but it is a car after all mate:D

Martin

--

1998 XJ on 37's. JK Rubicon axles, hydro assist. 4:1 transfer case.

October 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Thanks Martin.  That helps. I'll see what I can do.

--

October 11, 2009 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rocklizard
Limited Member

I know you said you checked the fuses but there is a fuse box under the hood as well as the one inside the car. In the fuse box under the hood, there are also a set of relays for various things.  Check to see if those fuses and relays are working.  If all are good then you'll have to check for power at the fan blower switch.  If not of that works call me and we over it on the phone.

--

Bo's Custom Paint and Rides

October 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

I have revisted this problem again today.  (yeah, we've been going without heat in it for awhile.)  I've confirmed that the relay is NOT bad and I re-checked all the fuses.

Is it possible that the blower motor resistor could be bad?  I know that is usually the case when your heat/air only works on full blast and not the lower settings. But mine doesn't work at any "speed".

I don't really know how to "test" the motor itself or the switch.

January 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

My wifes car did that a few years ago and it was  the switch on the dash became disconnected right behind the dash plate. When we turned the switch it was just not making connection. You might check that.

who knows how it happened. Go Figure?

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

January 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

Well?        whats the verdict?

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

January 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Nothing.  Not sure what to do from here.  A new resistor is about $45.  Don't want to buy one unless I know that's the problem for sure.

I guess I'll probably be taking it to a mechanic I go to church with.

--

January 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM