Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Trail Preservation > NORA needs our help to save Tellico OHV area

We Be Rockin'

The National Forest Service recently announced the decision to close the upper Tellico OHV area, bowing to pressure from the Southern Environmental Law Center, a tree hugging environmental group, as well as Trout Unlimited and others. Tellico contains the majority of great trails that comprise the North Carolina Forest Service OHV approved areas. This decision affects not only the OHV users for the area, but the thousands of people who make their living providing goods and services to those users.

Every trail closure gives the environmental groups encouragement to attack us more, as well as putting additional pressure on the remaining trails.

NORA is asking that each person that supports our sport contact the office of Congressman Heath Shuler of North Carolina and ask him to appeal the decision by the Forest Service. Seeing concern from across the country will help highlight the national spotlight on this decision and encourage Congressman Shuler to take action.

While many of us may not know where Tellico is, and most of us will never wheel there, we cannot stand idly by as Environmental groups file suit across the country seeking to eliminate the presence of man in the outdoors. If we do nothing now, one day they will show up in our backyards, and I guarantee it will matter then.

To call or write:

Congressman Heath Shuler

422 Cannon House Office Bldg.
Washington, DC, 20515
Phone: (202) 225-6401
Fax: (202) 226-6422
--

November 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Thanks for posting this Larry.  I agree, the more success these environmental groups have the more we will see it happening everywhere!  We need to take seriously this threat to our sport.  I also believe that we need to speak out more for responsable ORV use.  This land is NOT the governments it belongs to every American citizen and unfortunately the environmental groups seem to be better organized and more willing to speak out in support of their cause.  Let's not wait until the public land is no longer accessible, it will never be easier than it is right now to get involved and make sure your voice is heard. 

November 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day