Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Trail Talk > Mark Twain National Forest

BONE
Limited Member

Does anybody know of any decent trails in or around the Mark Twain National Forest?  I heard the poker run trails were pretty lame.  I'm not looking for some hard core rock crawling, but something a little more challenging than just dirt roads.  Any ideas?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

April 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

there are some nice trails around the fire tower area  some medium class ones too

--

servants of the most high ...not rockstars

April 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I have a map a buddy of mine marked for me showing the good trails in the Cassville area.  He used to run the trails heavily probably 10 to 15 years ago, so he was going off his memory.  He claims that at one time, he and some friends hiked from one side of Mark Twain to the other.  They used to camp and trail ride almost every weekend.  I think some of the trails might be closed now, according to current maps.  I haven't had a chance to check any of them out yet.  I tried getting a group run together a few times, but wasn't successful.  We've all been really busy.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

April 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I have never set foot in the Mark Twain, so any help would be appreciated.  Do you have directions to the firetower?  Is that anywhere close to Seligman?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

April 6, 2010 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

sure take 112 out of seligman when u get into the park turn right at the big wooden senic drive sign its on the right up a steep hill of of that dirt road  the loop trail is about half a mile past the tower turn off on the senic road its a left it used to be marked by a forest service poster board

--

April 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Is it the kind of place where we could just drive around that area and find trails to run?  Or, are they all spread out? 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

April 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

there are a lot of unmantaned forest roads all over  i havent expolered much past the loop trail and one forest road off the back off the tower

--

April 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM