Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Jeepin in the Ozarks

arveetek

I was planning on going over on that Saturday, if you and/or some others were going.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

July 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

jeep is out of order right know,had alittle accident bolt came out of the transfer case and the drive shaft came loose drive down the road at 55 mph and put a hole in the transfer case the exhaust and the bottom of the floor board,but thats ok its going in bohannas and my new atlas will be in middle of next week,so i will be back soon.

July 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

So you'll be ready for a test run at Jeepin in the Ozarks?

July 13, 2010 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I hope the weather's not too hot that weekend.

Remember how nice and cool it was this time last year?  We ran up to SMORR for the birthday run, and I was freezing that night!  I think Chris didn't sleep too well because he was so cold.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

July 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i will not be ready for jeeping the ozarks run because bohannas takes his time but its right when i get it back ,but i will be ready for aug 14 run

July 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Yeah, the high on the 17th last year was about 75.  And I think it dipped into the low 50s at night.  I froze!  My one blanket wasn't cuttin' it.  :)

That was an awesome weekend though... good times.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

July 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Forecast is showing 90 and 40% chance of rain next Saturday.  I can deal with the 90, hopefully the rain will go away by then.

Casey

July 22, 2010 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lefty
Limited Member

Iam going to try to make it

July 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I got a camp site at Roaring River State Park for Saturday night if anyone plans to make a weekend of it.  I'll have my camper and it's just me because Dixie and Jordan are going to Little Rock to a concert.

July 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Looks like the rain chances have gone away for now, with highs around 93.  Still pretty hot.... :(

Casey

July 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Depending on which forecast you look at, it's going to be somewhere around 92 to 96 degrees on Saturday, with a heat index around 105!  :o

Somebody convince me that it will still be fun driving around slowly with no top and no a/c!!  :P

Casey

--

July 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TX4DR
Limited Member

Who's all going yo this event? Me and 2 other non members are going.

July 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Sorry Casey... I just can't do that.

:P

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

July 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at July 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Depending on which forecast you look at, it's going to be somewhere around 92 to 96 degrees on Saturday, with a heat index around 105!  :o

Somebody convince me that it will still be fun driving around slowly with no top and no a/c!!  :P

Casey

Maybe there will be a breeze :D  I'm still planning on going,besides I'd rather be wheeling in 96 degrees than doing yard work 8)

July 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at July 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

arveetek at July 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Casey

Maybe there will be a breeze :D  I'm still planning on going,besides I'd rather be wheeling in 96 degrees than doing yard work 8)

Good point, Randy!  That may be good enough of a reason right there!

Chris, maybe I can prove how much of a "man" I am??  :D

Shane,  It looks like me, Randy, and Robert are going...not sure if anyone else is making it.

Casey

July 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well, we had a great run yesterday at Jeepin in the Ozarks!  As it turned out the Forestry Service wouldn't let the Silgman Chamber of Commerce lead trail runs in Mark Twain (I think it had something to do with the registration fee they were charging?)  They had to move the poker runs to paved roads and the first one didn't leave until 1:00 so we decided to run some trails and come back for the poker run.  Well we didn't make it back till about 6:30 and everything was over!  We would have won the club award,, we had four members register (another 2-3 that never got to register).  The club award went to a club with two members there!  We all had a great time in spite of the heat.  Thanks to David and his TJ Rubicon for leading the trail run.  I've posted the pictures I took and there should be more comming from others.

August 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at August 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Well, we had a great run yesterday at Jeepin in the Ozarks!  As it turned out the Forestry Service wouldn't let the Silgman Chamber of Commerce lead trail runs in Mark Twain (I think it had something to do with the registration fee they were charging?)  They had to move the poker runs to paved roads and the first one didn't leave until 1:00 so we decided to run some trails and come back for the poker run.  Well we didn't make it back till about 6:30 and everything was over!  We would have won the club award,, we had four members register (another 2-3 that never got to register).  The club award went to a club with two members there!  We all had a great time in spite of the heat.  Thanks to David and his TJ Rubicon for leading the trail run.  I've posted the pictures I took and there should be more comming from others.

That was quite an adventure!  We entered the woods about 11 a.m. and didn't get back out until close to 7 p.m.!  All for one 'short' trail.

I think we spent over 2 hours on that one hill winching up a guy named Larry in his YJ.  He busted the rear slip yoke on his transfer case and lost his rear driveshaft on the last tough obstacle of the trail.  The following hill climb to get out was really steep and loose, and no one was able to tow him up the hill, even with his Jeep still having front wheel drive.

I wish I hadn't bothered registering for the official event, I didn't even end up staying for any activity!!  :(

Yesterday was so hot, though, I doubt I'll get back out on the trails again until it cools off a bunch.  I was beat!

Casey

--

August 1, 2010 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Hey, I just looked at the photos (and added a few more)...didn't anyone take any pictures of the whole winching drama?  Or was everyone too busy working?  :)

Also, was anything going on at the grounds when ya'll got back?

August 1, 2010 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Larry408
Limited Member

I just added 45 more pictures.

--

Larry Gathright

USAF 68-72

2009 GMC Yukon

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1991 Jeep YJ

1980 Honda CB900Custom

1973 Dodge Dart Sport

August 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Scott, and Matt A. check out the photo album from Eureka Jeep Weekend last year

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7238364

Is that the same trail we were on at Jeepin in the Ozarks?  I think it is but look how tame V-Notch was then?

August 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10