Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > Any others interested?

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I've gotten several emails over the last two years asking if there are any mild trails, that someone with a stock 4x4 vehicle could do that wouldn't scratch up their paint, or risk damage to their vehicle.  My usual response is that most of the places we wheel probably has trails that would qualify but trails change from year to year and some of it depends on driver capability as well so we can't guarantee that you wouldn't scratch your paint. 

The more I've thought about this the more I think there might be quite a few guys/gals that fall into this category and maybe if there is enought interest we could help them find trails such as forest service roads and such that would be an opportunity to get off-road and see God's country but not risk damage to their rig.  Heck, I'd even enjoy a leisurely drive from time to time and maybe stops along the way to just let the kids explore! 

We talked about this some at our September meeting so I wanted to post this to see what kind of interest there may be in a group of this kind associated with our club.  You never know, if some are like a lot of us were when we started they may get bit by one of those creepy crawler bugs while their out there and decide it's time for a lift and larger tires :D but if not that's fine too.

If you aren't registered on our website yet contact us HERE

September 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Yeah, I'd be interested!  I'd like to take my 2-door Tahoe off-road from time to time.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

September 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lefty
Limited Member

Yeah, I am interested but now I have no Jeep. . . . Yet, working on geting a new rig. 

September 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Lefty at September 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Yeah, I am interested but now I have no Jeep. . . . Yet, working on geting a new rig. 

Really?  What happened?

EDIT: Never mind...I just saw your other thread!!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

September 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I know several people at work that really want to ge their stock 4x4's out and play on some mild trails.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

September 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

88 Sami
Limited Member

sure, I'd be interested.  In fact, the first run we went on with CC was called a "trail ride" in Cass. Lots of stock rigs and it was good fun. Fire roads mostly, and Justin C.'s dad took us on a woods walk to a graveyard, a cliff overlook, and other cool stuff.

sometimes its just getting out with everyone is the cool part!

--

lucky to get out / whenever I can / never enough

Romans 8:31 - "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

September 21, 2010 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

sounds good to me

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
September 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Let me know when!!!

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

September 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

I was talking to a couple of guys that have stock jeeps that see VERY LITTLE dirt and they would love to see what we go through with out tearing up their rigs.

so add 2 more to the numbers

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
September 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i would be interested aleast my wife would be

September 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day