Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Introductions > finally got on the new site

88 Sami
Limited Member

Hi to the old guys and gals - hi to the ones we've never met! :)

My first run was back in '05 (I  think) with CC.  My son and I camped at Cass with the club for the 1st annual trail ride.  We brought our '01 black TJ to that.  It was cool as we won some stuff in the raffle, but cooler to find a club we could wheel with and me not worry about what my son would be exposed to.  The month before we had been out with a secular club and it was pretty wild, especially at night with the bands and partying.

I finished  the sami in 2005. During these same years I've built 2 jeeps, and 85 CJ7 and the 01 TJ, bought, modded, and sold an H3, went to pickups for daily drivers, and thru it all the little sami has been a wonnderful companion. LIke our labs...I just give it a little loving (some gas poured in the carb after it sits for a few weeks!) and it just comes to life and wants to play.  lol!

I've made some friends off the sami - people seem to want to talk about it or the one they had when they had in years past.  One guy even drove a sami all over Iraq in Desert Storm! 

Our kids are 16 (girl) and 14 (boy) and as they have gotten older - TIME to wheel has been really limited. 

Jacob plays travel baseball and was playing just about year 'round the last 3 years. I helped coach...so that was hard.  He also never gave up all the other sports, so it's been crazy.  He's VERY into his dirt bike and we ride a lot when we have a few hours. Mt Magazine is a favorite spot for us to ride the bikes.

Janea dances, is now a high school drill team member, is in 2 choirs (travel) and the last few years my wife and I have found ourselves at different events, in different states more times than I can count!  At least we can give a huge thanks to God for allowing us to be there for them, and for the time spent with them.

I am still a financial advisor, but it's been a few years of severe turmoil as I've gone independant....stuggled to find the right support firm to hold my licenses, changed a few times, confused clients, confused me, questioned God what I was to do, and still basically put one foot in front of the other day by day.  I only do fixed, safe investments now - have since 2007 - so it's been nice to at least not lose money for my clients in the downturn....even if it's been a bot confusing to them with all I've gone thru.

God has truly done a big work in me - taking me from where I was sorta "the king", the #1 advisor in the #1 bank inthe state...to where I am happy and feel Blessed to come every day to my tiny office and try to build this thing one brick at a time.  God has been there at EVERY turn. How's that old saying? "He's not often EARLY, but God's ALWAYS ON TIME!" :)    Thanks, Jesus....for saving the day...even if it's not in my timing. lol!

High School sports seems to be the end of the huge time and travel.  My son was asked to "play up" last year as an 8th grader with Northside HS. It was quite an honor and he's now with them every day - goes over after classes at junior high and plays HS ball.  I'm "just a dad" now in that respect.

He and I both are looking forward and realizing we will have LOTS more time to wheel, to ride, and to canoe, camp, annd fish.  (and shoot)  SO....I hope to do more with you guys and gals.  We'll see.  At least I finally got off my duff and joined the new forum / website, huh?  

God Bless all  of you -

john n.

--

lucky to get out / whenever I can / never enough

Romans 8:31 - "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

September 21, 2010 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Welcome back!  I don't believe we've met, but I've been with the club since the spring of '09.  I almost gave up wheeling due to the partying and drinking atmosphere, but fortunately I found this club and her great members!

I hope we can get together and wheel soon!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

September 21, 2010 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Hi John!  Good to hear from you.  Definitely keep an eye on the calendar as we are always running somewhere.  Cass this weekend with some of the guys you might know, Stano, maybe Rocklizard, and we run down at Devils den quite a bit.  We're thinking about making a trip to the new facility in Booneville if we can find out a little more about the trails.

God Bless and look forward to meeting you.

--

September 21, 2010 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Hey John, Justin Cloer here. Glad to see you are doing well. I remember some of those old Cass wheelin trips!!! Those were fun. I sold the old 73 orange Bronco last year and built a 2000 XJ. Stay in touch, I am still in the Lowell area...

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

September 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

September 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I just posted a picture of your black Jeep...My stock Xj is second rig back behind my dads blue Bronco...I think this was Beech Grove trail.

--

WANTED

September 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

88 Sami
Limited Member

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Casey, I look forward to shakin your hand man. 

Webe -  Jacob and I will be at Cass saturday (early anyway)  

Hiya, Justin!  man, that bronco thing....runs in your family genes don't it? :)

Well, I know the XJ makes a better family rig and DD. You always had a great heart for your family, bro.  Look forward to catchin' up with at a run sometime.  Thanks for the pic.  I ended up modding that jeep a lot since that pic...but it's gone now anyway.  I bet you fixed up the XJ a bit too, huh?

--

September 21, 2010 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I kept it simple because it is my DD. 3 1/2 lift, 31's, SYE, t-case skid plate. I am ready to do some fall trail riding!! I am about to score a pop up camper!!

--

WANTED

September 21, 2010 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

88 Sami
Limited Member

It sounds sweet, Justin.  Hope to see ya soon on a trail ride somewhere.

--

September 21, 2010 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10