Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > New Club Logo

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I thought I would start this thread to get our members thoughts on possibly having a new club logo designed by a professional graphic artist.  Post up your thoughts, if you like the idea of a new logo, what ideas do you have for it?  Post some pictures of logos you like, what would you like included in the logo? 

October 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

I think it is a great idea.  Refreshing the logo would be something I would be interested in discussing at our next meeting if there are others interested.

--

Green Hornet

October 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

I think it would be cool to somehow keep the "Jesus Rock" that's in our current logo.  The rock is very symbolic in the Bible and works perfectly for this club/ministry.

1 Samuel 2:2

"There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

2 Samuel 22:2

He said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Isaiah 26:4

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

My .02.  :)

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

October 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I agree with Chris.  Definitely keep the "rock" segment in the logo.

Actually, I like our logo just fine the way it is.  But if someone wants to update it, that's cool.  But I think our logo is pretty neat.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

My .02 is if it ain't broke don't fix it.  I don't see any reason to spend the clubs money to have it redesigned.  Seems like the money could go to a better cause.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

October 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well the majority at our club meeting last night voted to spend $100 to get a professional graphics artist to give us a few ideas based on some requirements we come up with as a club.  I know we have to spend the $100 to get a few different designs but that doesn't mean we have to change if we don't like what he comes up with better than our current logo.  One problem is that we don't have the vectorized version of our current logo so we are restricted as to what we can get and who does the work.  If we did decide on a different look we would get the right formats so that we could get that image printed as small or large as we might need in the future for everything from business cards to banners. 

Some of the discussion last night was around maybe a logo that wasn't vehicle specific but instead had some other type of 4x4 symbolism but still included some type of Christian symbolism as well like keeping the rock maybe but not not having a specific vehicle featured. 

This guy has actually done some work for Disney and has done some logos for christian organizations as well.

That's the purpose of this thread.  If we did change what ideas do ya'll have.

October 22, 2010 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I was thinking something like Maybe the Jesus in rocks with a knobby tire ontop of it. Then a cross coming out of the inside of the tire. It puts us the tire standing firm on the rock of Jesus and the cross in the tire shows Jesus in our lives. Just my idea and where it comes from.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

October 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

I also think our logo is very strong in what it represents.  maybe a refresh or recolor, but at the very least if we're going to spend the money I think we should come away with our original logo vectorized so we can use it to do shirts, banners, etc.

--

October 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, I showed those at our Christmas Gathering the draft I got from Emet Sales of a logo the designed.  Everyone agreed that we aren't there yet but I wanted to post it and let everyone else comment.

Here is also an idea I had

another

one more

December 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

I really like the first one.  I would suggest that the Christian Crawlers be placed at the top of the logo and 4x4 Club at the bottom.  The large cross and the Jeep tire cut off a few off the letters in the current configuration.

December 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

one more

December 19, 2010 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

I'm still going with the first one.  It just stands out to me. :)

December 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

I like the first one also with the name moved like previously said, also I don't know if this is of any importance but the more colors in the design the more expensive it will be for decals and T shirts, trust me I know, I do both

December 20, 2010 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Randy,

You might post our current logo in this thread so that the newer members might realize what we have currently, and what has been proposed as a new one.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

and if you paid for the design work you OWN the vector files so make sure you get them

December 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at December 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Randy,

You might post our current logo in this thread so that the newer members might realize what we have currently, and what has been proposed as a new one.

Casey

Our current logo is displayed at the top of the sidebar to the right of the screen.

December 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

SuperD at December 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM

and if you paid for the design work you OWN the vector files so make sure you get them

Correct, that would be an advantage of a redesigned logo, we don't have the vector file for our current logo, but if we decide to keep the current logo we could have it "vectorized".  I would like to have a logo that has color for the web and printed material but also looks good in black for our t-shirts.  I think our current logo does look good both ways. 

Here is another suggestion that was submitted:

December 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I still like the orginal one the best.  All these are just to plain and simple.  Oh and David does good work he did all my Rock Solid Fab stickers.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

December 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

A black and white

December 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

^^^^^Very Nice^^^^^

December 21, 2010 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10