Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Clayton Fall Run

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey, how did the Clayton run go for those that headed south?

November 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Pretty much flawless.   I towed Brian off the Green Mamba Extension after his Jeep quit running and Clayton blew a bead on Green Mamba but we reseated it with my on board air.   Bo came on down late Friday night to help get Brians Jeep back going and sometime Saturday around lunch him and Brian finally found that the computer came unplugged after that Brians Jeep ran great.  Friday was just myself, Brian, and Stan and we ran Wet n Wild, Jeff's Ledges, Green Mamba, and started the Green Mamba Extension.  Brians extraction was probably one of the most difficult ones I have ever been on cause Brians Jeep wouldn't run more than a few seconds and that was hit or miss.  I don't think I have ever used my winch so much as I was hooked to Brian and pulling cable to pull me and him both up a couple of steep sections, one rocky one and one loose dirt one.   Saturday it started out myself, Stan, and Clayton while Brian and Bo stayed back to fix Brian's Jeep.  We ran Wet n Wild, Jeff's Ledges, the upper part of Blacksheep Blvd, Cake Walk (some sweet 3 wheel action on this trail), Green Mamba, and Green Mamba Exit.  THen we caught back up to Brian and Bo on the upper part of Blacksheep and then ran Cake Walk again with them.   Stan, Clayton, and I came home today but I think Bo and Brian were going to stay and wheel some more.   Clayton has some new body damage thinks to Green Mamba waterfall,  Stan broke his anti-wrap bar, and I lost my t-case linkage but I was already in 4-low so it didn't matter to me and my OBA switch dumped out on me.  All in All good weekend.  We only took one bypass which in itself is a nice climb and Stan and I made it all weekend without pulling cable for ourselves.  I'll post some pics  but there are some on our Facebook pages.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

November 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Oh and Stan may have the only rig ever to go up the Green Mamba waterfall on 33's.  It was awesome and Clayton after his body damage did an awesome 3 wheel motion himself.  I made it fairly easliy both times I did it also.  Brian and Stan did a different line the first time.

--

November 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Here's the Green Mamba waterfall.  

--

November 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Looks like ya'll had a great trip!  We need pictures!

November 8, 2010 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

You'll have to go to Facebook for pics.  You should be able to see them all on my page.

--

November 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Pictures posted

November 8, 2010 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM