Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > Christmas Parade

Trailfrog
Site Owner

The Siloam Springs Christmas Parade is Saturday December 4th.  I talked to someone last week about it. Here is the link for the entry form http://siloamchamber.info/images/stories/2010-Christmas-Float-Entry-Form.pdf . I think she told me we would need to be there by 4-4:30. Parade begins at 5:30. She said we would only have to complete one entry form for the club. She did say the only requirement is that each vehicle must have some type of Christmas lights on it (see entry form)?

This is the only Christmas Parade I could find in the area that was on a weekend!  Anyone interested?

November 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member
count me in.
--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

November 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

me too we are in, do we need candy or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 9, 2010 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

we ARE IN!!  Time to get creative

costumes, lights, dry ice..... the options are endless

(the registration form said NO candy can be thrown)

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
November 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

darn i do have a good arm !!!!!!!

November 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Good deal, it looks like we have enough interest to at least send in the entry form so I'll get that done.  By the way the parade rules state that there can only be one santa in the parade and they will have the "official" santa so no Santas in 4x4's :(  Didn't say anything about elfs in camo though :lol: Also Branson is getting clerification an the lights requirement.

November 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

One more thing.  I would like to have some of our big rigs as well as some stock vehicles there to show that we are an EO4C .......Equal Opportunity 4x4 Club!  Would also like to make sure that we acknowledge the Christ in Christmas if we are going to participate.  Any ideas?

November 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sounds like fun!  I might be able to make it too, unless it conflicts with some MO parades up here...

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

November 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

We'll plan on it as well, JADJK  (just another darn JK):roll:

--

November 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Cant be having a JK showdown round 2.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

November 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

It turns out we have two Missouri parades up here in my neck of the woods on that day, so I think we'll patronize those instead.

November 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

86 zuk
Limited Member

I would love to go not sure that my rig will be done in time I do my best to make it I got a big generator if we need it

--

86 zuk exo cage 35's toyota axles chevey 2.8 v6

November 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

hey randy,  when you register will it cover the whole club

November 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider

I'll be there 

97 ram on 33's

November 21, 2010 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Decipticon at November 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM

hey randy,  when you register will it cover the whole club

Yes.  We are registered as a club and they have received our registration.

November 21, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, I talked to Branson today and he offered to let us stage at his house for those that don't want to drive to Siloam with Christmas lights on their rig.  We probably need to meet at Branson's around 3:00 or 3:30.  If you're not meeting at Branson's you need to be at the Siloam High School parking lot by 4:45.  Vehicles and Classic Cars will stage in the south parking lot of the High School.  Horse trailers and tow vehicles can be parked in the North High School parking lot. You do need some type of Christmas lighting on your rig.  I'll email everyone Branson's address as well as mine for our Christmas gathering.

November 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member
I am in for the parade as long as I can get back from my boys karate tournament in time. Should be able to make it but I will be in the Dodge. The Cherk is going through a rebirth and not driveable...
--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

November 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

It's not looking good for me!  I broke a rear axle on my JK Saturday and I'm trying to decide what I want to do at this point.  I'm thinking it probably won't be fixed by Saturday. :(

November 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kahuna Mas
Limited Member

The was our first parade and definitely a memorable one! I hope we can do that one again next year. It was a crisp cold evening but no rain and lots of people. The parade ran about an hour and a half once we actually got under way. We didn't get as many pics as we wanted and now I wish we had brought our video.

Unfortunately the evening didn't end on as big a high note... About 10 miles from the house we were hit with a violent shaking in the rear end and pulled over to find that my rear passenger side wheel only had one lug nut left before completely coming off! I had just gotten my oil changed and tires rotated this morning, so it looks like they missed torqing the back set.

I should probably be angry at this point, but I am more thankful that we avoided what could have been a disasterous end to a nice family evening. The roads in between Gentry and Centerton aren't exactly straight and there's no telling what would have happened if that wheel had given in the middle of a curve... Here's what the wheel looked like once we got stopped...

--

December 5, 2010 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

I am glad all was well, but before I would completely count it as repaired I would check the wheel studs.  That exact same thing happened to me on an old Ford (only it was my fault and not a shop) and after I replaced the lugs it always had a vibration and a shake.  Come to find out all the wheel studs were bent just enough to ride bad and wear the tires funny.  Just thought I would share my experience.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

December 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM