Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > how to get rid of the JK seatbelt alarm (dinger donger noise)

Discombobulated

I was asked Saturday "HEY!! HOWD YOU GET RID OF THAT DINGER DONGER NOISE"!!!

So here are the steps I got from GOOGLE:

THIS CAN BE USED AS A MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY AS WELL.... IF YOU DISABLE THE SAFETY FEATURE MAKE SURE YOUR LIFE IS NOT JUST IN YOUR HANDS!!

"NOTE:
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position.

The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE:
Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened."

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
November 9, 2010 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Okay folks first rule in off roading DO NOT WHEEL WITHOUT A SEATBELT ON AT ALL TIMES.  You never know whats going to happen.  This is a dangerous sport.  I wear my lap belt at all times and so does whoever is riding with me otherwise my rig doesn't move.  I even have mine on when I'm loading and unloading it off the trailer.  What are you gonna do if you have a freak accident like the throttle sticking or loosing your brakes.  NOT WEARING A SEATBELT OFFROAD IS STUPID PLAIN AND SIMPLE and if this makes anyone mad then I got my point across.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

November 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

yes seatbelts are a good thing!  The dinger can really annoy though!

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

November 9, 2010 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

Yep the best way to get rid of the noise is to "BUCKLE UP"

No one gets in my jeep without putting on their seat belt.

I have seen what a rollover without a seat belt can do.

I have a friend that rolled several times just driving down the fire road at Byrd's. His tie rod broke and the jeep shot straight down the mountain.. He didn't have on his seat belt and was thrown out.... He broke his neck in two places and split his head wide open. ( he is fine now ) beleive me God was watching out for this man.. His girlfriend on the other hand had hers on and rode it out to the bottom and only got a bump on her head.

So WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

November 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'll just speak for myself here.  I would agree that you should not be off-road without your  seatbelt on, I'll even go further to say I wear mine weather on or off-road.  Since I wheel my daily driver I do get irrated by the bell sometimes when I'm just driving across a parking lot or similar area and that bell won't shut up :o

November 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

Thanks for all of the view points.  While I do not condone, or suggest not using one, I sometimes have to un buckle it because i get locked in and can not move.  When you are locked in on the rocks or in the trenches its a benefit. HOWEVER when you are coming onto the trail head and still locked in it's more of a hinderance than a safety feature. 

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
November 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I wheeled with some guys a couple months ago in Booneville where the guys wasn't wearing his seatbelt then when things got a little harry guess what seatbelt wouldn't unlock so he could put it on.  What are you gonna do when that happens to you?  Wear it and deal with it or buy some lap belts or harnesses to use off road.   To many guys and gals have lost there life thinking the same thing, its a hinderance.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

November 10, 2010 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5