Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Turkey RUN

Decipticon

weekend of nov 27 , shane and i want to know who would be in for this...

November 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TX4DR
Limited Member

We will be heading back to Disney. Had such a great time I think we can have another great run before it gets too cold.

November 9, 2010 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Dang deer season!  Maybe i will limit out by then.  Have fun.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

November 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I think I could make that.  Where are ya thinking of going?

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

November 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We go to Little Rock for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  I usually head to Superlift after that. 

November 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Anyone else planning on going?  Disney, right?

November 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We may drive back from Little Rock on Friday so I'm probably in!

November 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My buddy Larry is in!  And possibly a couple of his friends.

November 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TX4DR
Limited Member

Come on guys. Our ladys will be shopping. So we may as well be wheeling. Looks like around seven rigs are possibly going to be there as of now.

November 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We are talking Saturday the 27th correct?

November 16, 2010 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i am bringing aleast 3 maybe 4

November 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

What time are ya'll meeting/arriving at Disney on Saturday?

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

November 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hogan's at 9:00 ?

For the Arkansas guys - Gravette IGA at 8:00?

November 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i will be at the IGA alittle before 8

November 24, 2010 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

What CB channel will we be on?  (We really need to adopt a club channel!!)

November 24, 2010 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

how about ch 5

November 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Anyone have a spare seat tomorrow?  I've got one friend coming with me, and another asked about going too, but I don't have room for both of them.

Casey

--

November 26, 2010 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Sorry, first my laptop went wierd then my wireless router went out.  I'm back up now though.  I'll be by myself tomorrow so plenty of room for passengers!

November 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Looks like it will just be Matt and I in my rig, and Larry and another buddy in his.  My other friend that needed a ride backed out.

I'm loaded and ready to hit the trails!

November 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

We had a good turnout and a good run!  My friend Larry Cox and I arrived at the park around 9, and then Randy, Shane, Rick, and three of Rick's relatives: Joey in a TJ, Josh in a Toyota pickup, and Jimmy in a 4 door JK Rubicon (I think I got those straight) showed up around 9:45.  A little while after that, Larry and Teresa joined us.  Larry Cox also had three of his friends join us, Rick in a green XJ, Terry in a green Bronco II, and I forget the gentlemen's names in the K5 Blazer.

After playing around on the rock garden for a while (where all of us climbed up some steep ledges), Larry Cox led us on a new trail towards Rollover Hill.  We stopped to play at Rollover, where Randy was the first to attempt the climb.  We were all confident that Randy would be able to pull it off, as he has many times before, but his first try up the hill resulted in the front end bouncing off the rock ledgs, and swinging around causing him to land sideways on the hill!  It looked for a moment like he was surely going to roll over on his side, but he came gently to a rest perched precariously on the hillside.  Several ran up to his rescue, pulling his winch line to secure him to a nearby tree, where Randy soon discovered that the Jeep dealership must have disconnected his winch from the battery!!  They were able to use his winch line to hold him in place, while he was able to maneuver himself into a better position and then back off the hill.  Randy then reconnected the winch to the battery.  It appears he might have suffered some damage, as the left front U-joint in the axle shaft started squeaking, and his rear axle didn't appear to be locking up anymore after that.  On a following hill climb, only his right rear tire was pushing, and Randy had to winch up that hill as well.  Randy decided to call it day and head home before his luck ran out.

Larry S was the only other one to attempt Rollover Hill, but wasn't having any luck going up the right side.  After this, a guy in an orange buggy said he would show us some good trails.  Well, that resulted in a nice climb through a rocky valley that ended in a terribly steep hill climb with loose rock.  To make a long story short, we were stuck in that valley for nearly an hour and a half, where at least 1/2 of us had to be winched up.

We headed back to camp to pick up my friend Matt, ate some lunch, and then hit the trails again around 2:30.  We had a good afternoon of hill climbs and trail rides, and just as it was getting dark, Rick's track bar bracket ripped off the front axle.  He got the track bar strapped to the axle with some ratchet straps, and we headed back to camp.  We spent about an hour and a half trying to weld the bracket back onto the axle, but weren't having any luck.  Rick finally decided to have Joey haul his rig back to town on his trailer for him.

The only trail damage I received was a bent up license plat on the front!!  ;)

All in all, a lot of action for one day!

Casey

--

November 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day