Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Turkey RUN

We Be Rockin'

Casey, Joey in the TJ also almost rolled it backwards on the v-notch hill bypass.  HUGE Wheelie:o  Looks like  you guys got into some SERIOUS mud after we left.   T and I got stuck and had to winch off a muddy hillside after we slide down it backwards.  We ended up against a great big tree at the bottom of it.  We just barely tapped it enough to crack a few little pieces off my tail light.   The BFG AT's once again proved mud is a major weak spot in their design.  I think I've finally figured out that the AT stands for Asphalt Terrain, as that is where they are most at home:(

November 29, 2010 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

I agree with the definition of AT.  I have had no luck in mud and even in some types of slightly wet dirt.  Sounds like an all out brawl of fun that I missed.  I am still waiting on ball joints and an alignment to fix my steering problem from the last visit to disney.  I also have one or both of my front hubs going bad that I got a spare set for online and waiting to be put in.  Disney has tore us JKs up this year.

--

Green Hornet

November 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Time for you JK owners to step up to mud terrains and Toyotas.  I wheeled Disney 5 or 6 times and never broke.  =P  (stirring the pot)

Just kidding.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

December 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i have 37s nitto mud grapplers and i still broke so i dont think its the tires

December 2, 2010 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Hey Chris, I think I remember you breaking a windshield?;)   Agree on the tires though.  If I happen to win the lottery or something I'm planning on some Pit Bull Rocker LT Radials, probably 37, maybe even 39.5's, to grab onto the slick stuff!!

--

December 2, 2010 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Well I dont have any of those Asphlat Terrains, but i like to break stuff without em.  :)

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

December 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I've been wheeling my TJ since April '09, and I haven't broken anything yet!  (knock on wood)  The only issues I've had are some punctured tires, and some mud getting in my alternator.

I think having a puny 4 cylinder and 31" tires keeps stress on the parts down to a minimum.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

We Be Rockin' at December 2, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Hey Chris, I think I remember you breaking a windshield?;)   Agree on the tires though.  If I happen to win the lottery or something I'm planning on some Pit Bull Rocker LT Radials, probably 37, maybe even 39.5's, to grab onto the slick stuff!!

I knew that would get mentioned... =)

That was driver error. (hangs head in shame)

Love the Pit Bull tires by the way.  And those Nittos are sweet too.  Rick I've been seeing you around Centerton.  Love the stance on your JK.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

December 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

thanks for the comment, well jeep in shop had to take it to  midas because bohannas did not have gas for his welder,should be ready tomorrow and when i get it home will be wireing for the parade sat.......

December 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM