Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Where do you go for mods?

Hemi
Limited Member

I have no mechanical aptitude, so where do you go to get work done around here?

November 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

It really depends on what you are wanting to have done.  There are several club members who could help with some easier mods and several places we would suggest for more difficult ones.  What are you wanting to do?

--

Green Hornet

November 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

To start out, need to add a CB and next do a lift kit. May be wanting to do gearing later, and  a rear bumper. If I do lockers may make sense to do it at the same time as the gears.

Does not sound too hard; until I get my knee replaced need to keep kneeling/bending to a minimum.

November 29, 2010 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Bohannan's in Bentonville does good work for a local shop.  Also see our Members Directory page for other options.  Also our club has access to a shop now and we will start scheduling some shop days where you can get some help with the less technical mods, like lift and CB.

November 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

My garage and let me know if you ever need something custom fabbed and MADE IN THE USA.  I have also been doing some bolt-on work here lately and am charging $30 an hr. for work like that.   I am in Van Buren though but I have done lots of work for people from NWA.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

November 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nathan Gustafson
Limited Member

For a CB your best bet is to find a truck stop for an antenna, and walmart for the radio itself. thats what ive got thats lasted me since sophomore year of high school. Cobra is about the best you can get for a radio

December 11, 2010 at 3:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

When are you wanting to install the CB and the lift?  Our club has access to a nice shop now.  We have two club members that have keys and one of them need to be there while it's open so we just open it around their schedules.  I am needing to replace a u-joint soon and am trying to schedule some time for the shop to be open for that. 

December 11, 2010 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I would like to install soon, but time gets so tight around the holidays. I will order a lift this week I hope

December 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

I can also hook anyone up who needs some welding, mechanical or fab work.

I'm an ASE certified tech and have a fully equipped shop at home in Bentonville

December 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

What do you charge per hour David?  I'm going to need some help installing my lift but I need to be in there hands on so that I can learn for future build jobs.

December 16, 2010 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

if we use the "club" shop I'll help for free, at my place I usually charge per job, works out cheaper than by the hour rates

December 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Good deal.  When the lift arrives, we'll go from there.

December 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

I'm ready to install my lift as soon as others are available to help me. 

December 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10