Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Lift Advice

Hemi
Limited Member

What do people run for lifts? There is a rebate on Pro Comp lifts, and I know that are not the top of the line, but would that be okay while I save to get the jeep upgraded right?

December 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

What tire size are you wanting to run?

December 10, 2010 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Not going to big. 35s when I can afford to upgrade the tire carrier. Maybe 33s till then. Still stock now.

Had several knee surgeries and have severe arthritus as a result so too big a lift or tires might challenge me on a bad day

December 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm running 35" tires on mine and upgraded my lift from a 2.5" Tereflex Budget Boost to the Rough Country 3.25" lift this year.  The Rough Country lift is an economical spring lift.  I haven't heard much about the pro comp lifts.  You can also go out to our Member Rigs page and look at some of the other 4DR JK setups.

December 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

I'm running 35's like Randy with a 2.5 in budget lift from Rough Country and a 1.25 in body lift that gives me a little extra room.  The addition of the flat fender flairs helped give me even more flex when I put the 35's on.  It's all relative to what you want to do.  I recommend going cheaper on the lift to begin with if you are thinking of upgrading fairly soon to a bigger set of tires then getting a little better lift or just adding some peices to make the upgraded version.  On a JK you can clear 35's with a 2.5in lift.

--

Green Hornet

December 11, 2010 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

I might make a suggestions.  Go to the UCORA site and the Crawl 4 Christ site.  Superlift gave some 50% off coupons for Superlift Kits.  I bet there is someone that has one that is not going to use it.  I traded a set of $80 seat covers for a certificate for a lift for my wife's JK 4 Rubicon lift and saved me about $500.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

December 11, 2010 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

I'm getting ready to order the Rough Country 3.25 this weekend.  I'm going to run 33x10.50's.  The only problem is that I haven't found many options other than BFG tires.  Anyone have some suggestions for 33X10.50's?  BFG's are pretty pricey.

December 11, 2010 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I will try and find a coupon for a Superlift. If I have no luck there, will do a cheaper lift until I can do a more permanent one.

Thanks for the help

December 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

General Grabbers are basically the same tire as the BFG but at a fraction of the cost... I ran a set of Regal MT's for a long time and they got exellent traction.. and are close to the BFG in tread type also.

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

December 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

Beleive it on not Sam's Offroad in Tulsa has the absolute lowest prices on Swampers that you will find....  the LTB is a great tire and you can get a 33 x 1350 for around 160 each depending on rim size. or they also come in a 34 x 1050.. and you won't find a better tread pattern.

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

December 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10