Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Good Tires

Chancho
Limited Member

Where does everyone buy their tires?  I've never shopped tires in NW Arkansas so I thought I would ask before picking up the phone.  It seems like ordering online is out of the question because shipping charges really jack up the total price.  Any suggestions locally for 33x12.50x15 or 35x12.50x15?

James

December 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

Kevin @ The Tire Shop on J st. in bentonville is where I bought my swampers, been doin buisness with him for the last 10 years or so, good guy and good prices.

Tire Trax is good for off brand tires too.

I usually order from tire rack, we have a wholesale account there, shipping has gone way up in the last year, usually 15-20$ a tire for 33" or bigger.

I have a tire machine here at the body shop we can use afterhours if you end up mail ordering them

December 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

I'll check the local business out first and order online if I have to.  It just seems silly to get a good deal online and then have to pay $100 or more for shipping. 

December 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I know for more common size tire it is actually cheapest to buy at Fayetteville Auto Park.  My wife's truck takes a 275/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler Alenza and they are only 120 a piece there and everywhere else is 50 bucks or more a tire.  Never tried to order 33s from them, but it might be a wild hair try.  I also have priced Browns tire in Springdale and they seemed to have fair prices on Cooper tires and they will give you a free alignment with a purchase of 4.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

December 16, 2010 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Thanks for the info Allen.

December 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

you can sometimes find free shipping promos or codes for online stores.  And Discount Tire Direct always has free shipping.  That's where I got the last set of 4 I bought for my wife's Pathfinder.  No could come close to the deal I got on those.

JC Whitney also runs free shipping promos several times a year.  I haven't checked if they have one right now.

There's also the shop in Tulsa where we got the set of 4 33s for our Overhaulin' Jeep project that we did not too long ago.  Some of the other guys on here should be able to tell you exactly where we got those.  They were Hercules Mud Terriains and they look awesome.  Price is good too.

Jegs and Summit Racing might be another option.  They probably run free shipping promos and they both sell Swampers and other off road tires.

There's a lot of options out there.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

December 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Thanks a lot Chris.  I'll check all of those places out.  Now that you mentioned it, I would like to know a bit more about the tire shop in Tulsa.  That Overhaulin' project was awesome.  You guys did a great job!

December 16, 2010 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We got the tires from Pat (Digger) Stos of Hercules Tire in Tulsa, OK.  They were 33" Trail Digger MT's. I dont't remember the price but it was better than we could get anywhere else at the time.

December 16, 2010 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Thanks Randy.

December 16, 2010 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

SuperD, you don't have a balancer there at the tire shop as well do you?  I know how to use them, but I don't want to spend the extra money of getting done since it is usually quite a few dollars.

--

Green Hornet

December 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day