Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > New Years Run

Discombobulated

I have heard that some folks are headed to SMORR and others are headed to DISNEY...

So who is headed where? 

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
December 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
Can't afford a trip to smoor but Disney is definatley doable, wheelin world in eureka is having a new years day run also
December 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'd love to go to SMORR but I think Disney is more realistic for me this year.  C4x4 and the Austin clan are trying to start a New Year's event there this year called The New Beginning Run (New Years).  Will be held on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. (12-31-10/ 01-01-11).  So far they have about 12 rigs going I think.  It would be great to support their effort.

December 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'd like to go, but some of our Christmas plans got postponed due to illness (in-law's family).  We're having Christmas on New Year's! 

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Same thing happened with our Christmas.  My wife and baby boy both had the flu and now our Christmas will be on New Year's day as well.     

December 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

What happened to the weather?  Last time I looked the high on Saturday was forecasted to be in the mid 40's now they're saying the low 30's :o

December 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

The weather seems crazy right now.  The high on Thursday is supposed to be 64. 

64 in NW Arkansas in January??? 

December 27, 2010 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fox128
Limited Member

Hey all, my wife and I will be down in northwest AK (from Iowa) visiting her family over new years, and I'm planning on bringing my XJ down there for some wheeling. I was searching for places to wheel when I came across your site, and I think its awesome you have a Christian 4x4 club!  Anyway, I was wondering about this Disney run and who excatly  "C4x4 and the Austin clan" are......it would be great if I could meet up with a group to hit some trails!  I would appreciate any info.  Thanks, James. 

--

2000 Cherokee Classic. RE 3.5 Superflex tweaked to 5.25" , 32" MT/Rs on Moabs, PORC sye and front cv, Aussie-Locked 8.25, TnT uniboy stiffeners, custom bumper/grill

gaurd, custom rock sliders, custom rear bumper/swingout carrier, tinted out

2 Corinthians 2: 15-17

December 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

Hey James,

Welcome to the site.  I'm missing out on the New Year's run but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can give you some info on this weekend's run.  Glad you found us.

James

December 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey James, glad you found or website!  I'm not sure we've decided on Disney yet, stay tuned for updates.  I think we are leaning that way right now.  You can find out more about Disney under or Trail Tracks link then go to Area Trails.  You should be able to find some pictures from past trips as well in our photo gallery.  Disney is open to the public free of charge.  It offers a mix of big rocks (below the spillway) and wood trails with some good hill climbs and gulleys to run.  The Austin clan is a family with three sons and everyone has their own rig even Mom!  They are all serious rock crawlers.  David Austin is active with both the UCORA (www.ucora.org) forum and David and I publish a online Christian Off-road magazine at www.C4x4.com.  You are welcome to join us wherever we end up on Saturday. 

December 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Don't let the CLAN scare you away.  We would love to have you tag along even if the rest of the Christian Crawler's are not able to make the trip.  We are staying in the big trailer house @ Hogan's offroad park.  We will have every type of rig from stock to wild.  Good thing about Disney.  Even the stockers can get to all of the Big obsticles to watch.  Here is may cell phone if you want any information.  405-249-9183

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

December 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Randy, looks like we're coming back from Branson a day early:lol: so I'll probably make the run at Disney.  I don't think anybodys going to SMORR at this point.  I think we could just combine Ricks post with this one since we're all headed in the same direction.

Fox 128, welcome to the forum!   When you meet Dave Austin he may look a little scary:o (he's about 7 feet tall, but he's a big Teddy bear).  You guys come on out and play!!   We'll be meeting at the IGA in Gravette (intersection of Highways 72 and 59, about 8 in the morning!

December 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fox128
Limited Member

Thanks for making me feel welcome, guys!  I've got the Cherokee loaded up and ready to go; we'll be leaving in the morning.  My in-laws are in the cave springs area.  We might look for somewhere to play around that area on thursday or friday, and then meet up with you guys on saturday at least.  Dave, I saved your number in my phone, so I'll probably give you a call sometime friday to see what the plan is.  I'll also have my laptop with, so I'll check here off and on until then. 

Looking forward to meeting you guys for some wheeling!!

James. 

--

2000 Cherokee Classic. RE 3.5 Superflex tweaked to 5.25" , 32" MT/Rs on Moabs, PORC sye and front cv, Aussie-Locked 8.25, TnT uniboy stiffeners, custom bumper/grill

gaurd, custom rock sliders, custom rear bumper/swingout carrier, tinted out

2 Corinthians 2: 15-17

December 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I may come and watch and take pictures - this jeep bug is hard to get rid of. But I don't want to do any serious wheeling until I get a lift on my rig.

December 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Glad to hear you may make it.     You will enjoy yourself at Disney.    We are getting down there Friday afternoon....

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

December 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

We were thinking about SMORR, but I was also sick with the Flu first part of this week so Disney is more doable for me.  I would be game for going over Saturday.  Let me know what the plan is and I'll meet up with somebody where ever we plan.

--

Green Hornet

December 29, 2010 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Just saw the registration sign on the side of the page, see you at IGA in Gravette Saturday.

--

Green Hornet

December 30, 2010 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

will be at the IGA in Gravette.

December 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Just went through Gravette to see where we are meeting and I did not see an IGA. Saw a Marvin's and a Citgo. Am I missing something? Would not be the first time

December 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hemi at December 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Just went through Gravette to see where we are meeting and I did not see an IGA. Saw a Marvin's and a Citgo. Am I missing something? Would not be the first time

It's Marvin's IGA.  See you tomorrow.

December 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day