Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Herculiner?

arveetek

Has anyone used Herculiner?  I'm installing some Bushwacker flares on my Tahoe, and I have a small bit of rust on one lower fender corner that needs repaired, but won't be covered by the flare.  Instead of painting, I'm thinking of coating the lower rocker panels all the way front to rear with Herculiner.

I have read many posts of folks who have done it, but haven't seen it in person.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

The fender flares and rocker panels on the truck above have been coated in Line-X, which is obviously better than Herculiner, but Herculiner is like $500 cheaper and DIY.

Any advice?

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

January 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

www.semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=143 You can get this at any auto paint supply house, much better than that hercrapuliner.

January 12, 2011 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

If I understand this product correctly, I could purchase it as an aerosol can in flat black, and just spray it on myself without special tools?  This wouldn't have much texture, then, correct?  (I actually don't want the rough Herculiner texture)

January 12, 2011 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
You can control the texture with spraying distance, you can make it smooth or bumpy, just depends on distance & how wet of a coat you apply.
January 13, 2011 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM