Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > HELP!

David
Limited Member

Ok folks, I have a 90 YJ with what I believe to have a 2" body lift. I want to go to bigger tires and wheels inexpensively as possible, found on craigslist a set of 2" lift springs with "lift shackles". Talked to the person and he is in same boat I am, we know very little about swaps. The question is if the lift and shackles are purchased, what other modifications will I need to make in order to raise the jeep? In other words is it going to be more $$$$ than I can afford.... Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you

David

January 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
What tire size are you thinking? How old are these springs? 2" leafs will sag back to stock height after a few years of wheeling
January 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
I'm considering 33's, just found out that the lift was only used for 6 months and the lift includes 4 springs and 2 shackles.
January 21, 2011 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
You really need about 4" to clear 33's on a yj without any rubbing, which involves a dropped pitman arm, rear trac bar drop & longer shocks & swaybar links. You can get all of this new for around 400$ They'll fit with the springs you are talking about with the body lift but may rub a bit when flexed
January 21, 2011 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member

Ok, so does a 4" kit come with the extra parts that you listed, if so, where can i get one for $400? I must be lookin in the wrong places, I haven't found one that inexpensive. If I get the 2" lift, will 32x11.5x15's fit ok? The kit was for a 95', it still should work for my 90'?

January 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

The lift should work. 32's would be good for that setup.  I would still trim the fender flairs, right above the factory lip which gives you about an inch just by doing this. and if done good most people won't even notice that they are trimmed.

I ran 32's on mine for about 5 years with only the trimmed fender flairs and 2 inch shackles and it worked great..

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

January 21, 2011 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10