Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Crawl 4 Christ 2011

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Early registration is now open for this event.  You don't want to miss it.  Go to www.crawl4christ.com to register now!

February 4, 2011 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Who's planning on making this trip?  And who's camping? I'm thinking we need to reserve some campsites.

February 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at February 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Who's planning on making this trip?  And who's camping? I'm thinking we need to reserve some campsites.

I'm thinking really hard about it.  I really want to go.  I just need to sit down and figure out the budget needed for this trip.  If I go, I need to start saving up for it now so that I'll have enough fuel money.

I would be tent camping.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

February 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

I'm thinking about tent camping as well with Diesel fuel 55 cents a gallon higher that gas..... :(

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

February 7, 2011 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

You know my answer.  I'm in and should be camping(hopefully in a cool tent).

--

Green Hornet

February 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well I called the "official" campground for Crawl 4 Christ today to find out if we could get some electric sites and primitive sites together.  They said they only had three electric tent sites left and they were'nt together.  They are close.  I reserved all three.  They may still have some RV sites, I didn't ask about those.

February 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Whew!  I just added it all up, and I'd have to budget at least $500 to cover cost of fuel, registration, food, and any other supplies for this trip!  I guess that's not too bad for a vacation....but that's still a chunk of change!!

Plus, I'd have to factor in vacation time for driving there and back.

Randy, what day are you planning on leaving?  It looks to be about a 13 hour trip.  It would nice to be able to caravan there.

Casey

February 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm not sure yet when I'm going.  I would like to get out there on the 16th but not sure yet.  Also hoping to work it where we could met the Memphis club and caravan out with them.  I may also need to pick up an off-road trailer in Memphis to help a guy I know that is starting a business building them.  He offered to let me take one to Crawl 4 Christ for the exposure. 

What's everyone else thinking?

February 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at February 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I'm not sure yet when I'm going.  I would like to get out there on the 16th but not sure yet.  Also hoping to work it where we could met the Memphis club and caravan out with them.  I may also need to pick up an off-road trailer in Memphis to help a guy I know that is starting a business building them.  He offered to let me take one to Crawl 4 Christ for the exposure. 

What's everyone else thinking?

Would you not be taking your pop-up camper then?

February 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Randy, just saw this and we'd love to travel with you.  Keep me posted and I could pick up the trailer a day or two before.  I know you guy's have an extra 5 hours of travel so if you want to leave home on the afternoon of the 15th, you could spend the night at our place and we could head out early Thursday am. 

We've got plenty of room.  Showers might be a little tight but other than that we've got plenty of room for people if anyone else convoy's with you.  Could easily set up tents or put cots in the shop once I fill up the house and extra beds......

February 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Thanks Chris!  I would like to make a two day trip out of it but not sure what everyone else is thinking so we'll let you know. 

February 22, 2011 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Randy, is it possible the UCORA Kentuckiana may have just reserved the sites for attendees, maybe not actually spoken for?

Might not hurt to ask.

February 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I have decided that I am not going to be able to make this event.  It's just too far and too expensive for me at this time.  :(  I'll have to stick with some closer events this year!  Ya'll take some good pictures for me, okay?

P.S. ... Today is the last day for early registration....so if you're thinking of going, register today to save some money!!  Otherwise, you'll have to pay $15 extra from here on out.

March 31, 2011 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey guy's.  Made it to Crawl 4 Chrst.  That's a long way to drive a jeep!  Even if it is a JK!  I haven't done much because I don't want to break anything.  This place is HUGE!  We started out lat this morning and it started raining so we headed back down the mountain.  It was really getting slick in some spots coming off the mountain and it's a long way down in some places.  I looked around yesterday and saw a sweet XJ that looked familiar.....it was Bo's !  He had sold it to someone in OK and they guy brought it to Crawl 4 Christ!  Sweet!  Hope I rack up on the raffle tonight.  They have KFC catering dinner, so that should be good as well.  The have a huge tent up for dinner and the raffle so the rain shouldn't bother us much there.  We'll be back in town Monday afternoon sometime. 

--

May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard! And may you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t get you.   - Anonymous

June 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Okay, Randy.  I'm ready for a trip report!!  :D

Casey

June 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at June 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Okay, Randy.  I'm ready for a trip report!!  :D

Casey

Well..... I will say for me it was a Looooooooong way to drive for the wheeling I did.  That was mostly my fault as I did't want to risk breaking something.  Also it rained for about 3 hours early afternoon on Saturday and I chose not to get back out on the trails after that :(  From everything I heard though I think all had a great time.  I enjoyed seeing a few folks from past years events.  The raffle was awesome, the food was catered by KFC.  They didn't have any type of entertainment.  The few folks I talked to about next year said they would like to have regional events instead of one national event each year.  They felt like more folks would get to attend that way.  Of course that means more folks have to get involved to get each planned and we would need to split up the sponsors somehow and the raffles probably wouldn't be as big.

June 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5