Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Ministry Events > CC 4x4, Let's make a difference in this storm.

We Be Rockin'

Guys, with this serious snowstorm, we have an opportunity to make a real difference with our highly capable off road vehicles. 

While I have not had a chance to find out the details on Angels on Ice yet, each of us in our own towns has the ability to reach out and at least offer our services to the local hospitals and/or emergency services.  I've reached out to our local mayor and offered my services this morning.

Make sure people know who you work for (God!).

Be safe, Have FUN!

--

February 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Thats a great idea Larry, usually I just reserve my vehicle for ditch rescue, but never thought of offering to emergency services.  What did they say?

--

Green Hornet

February 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

I did the same thing with the Pea Ridge PD and Rescue dept.  I also take care of  a nursing home here and they all have my number incase there is an accident.

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
February 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Went out this afternoon and pulled out about 10 people.  Fun stuff, but I destroyed my tow rope during the last pull out.

--

Green Hornet

February 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Mayor was appreciative, but he and his staff were all working from home.  I pulled 3 folks out,  also pulled a tractor out!!.  Came home and cleaned 6 driveways out in the neighborhood.   It was a fun day.   I love snow.  Oh, and I also got stuck on top of a 4 foot high pile of snow.  An old dodge four wheel drive truck pulled me out!!!   My tires just don't dig.  

--

February 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Looks like ya'll got a blizzard like we had last week!!

We got 14" at our house last week with 6 to 8" last night, giving us a grand total of 22" since Feb. 1.

I think ya'll might have ended up with more than that??

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

February 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

We got twenty two inches out at the house.  I was literally plowing through with my front bumper, a wave of snow blowing over my hood and about 5 feet to either side of the vehicle.  My alternator kept slowing down and steam was coming out from under the hood from snow building up in the engine compartment.  Unbelieveable!!  Record snow, then record cold this morning.  -5 at the house, -8 in centerton.  I love cold weather, but....

February 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ford381stroker
Limited Member

I went out with my little Sammi and made several recoveries.  It is very rewarding helping others and then not charging them a dime like all of the wrecker services out there.  It really is a great witness.

--

Gov't Mule : TTC 1999 competitor and TTC 2011 hopeful.  Vote for #49

February 10, 2011 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM