Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Cinco de Mayo Rolling Rally ? May 6-8, 2011

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Anyone up for this trip in May?  Central Overlan Travels is putting it on abd it looks like it's only $50. 

Cinco de Mayo Rolling Rally – May 6-8, 2011

START 2pm Friday, Harp’s Grocery Store, Marshall, AR

FINISH Early Afternoon Sunday, Clarksville, AR

REGION Ozark National Forest Buffalo National River

CATEGORY Standard, 120 miles (appx)

RATING Level 2 (Detours may be necessary in the event of deep water.)

GUIDES Wes Craiglow (Principal)

Ryan Bidinger (Associate & Photographer)

MAJOR EVENTs Trailside Training, Travel Presentations, Vendor Exhibits

Capacity 40 Vehicles

HIGHLIGHTS Ozark Cafe Parker-Hickman Homestead

Our first spring rally, it’s all about growing the central states community and building new friendships. We have a feeling that this will be one to remember! Working with partners, we’re keeping the cost down to ensure that as many folks as possible can make it out. Be sure to bring your sombrero and appetite -- CO is providing the meal on Saturday night!

We’re working hard to pull together a weekend rich with events for you and yours. Please check back regularly for details on training, exhibits, and presenters. Thanks!

Check it out at http://www.centraloverland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132

February 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

YEAH BABY!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF FUN!!!   Wife is excited too.... that makes it an even better trip

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
February 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Bump for updated link.  For all those looking for easy scenic trails you might check this out!  I'm planning to partake and looking forward to a relaxing, scenic off-road weekend. 

March 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

That does sound like a lot of fun!!!  And I would much rather spend $50 for a weekend overland trip than a Jeep Weekend in Eureka!! 

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 6, 2011 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

Randy

we are still going to plan for this trip.  My wife is trying to get off for it as well.  

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
March 8, 2011 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

:(  Had Judy all talked into making the trip down for this.  Then she look at the calender.  MOTHER"S DAY.....:mad:

The Flower shop vetoed that deal.......   Sounds like it will be a blast.  Wish it was not that weekend.....

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

March 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Has anyone here signed up for this event yet?  I'm really leaning towards going.  I would have to leave the group Sunday morning and head back home, though.  I checked with CO's trail guide, and he said that would be fine.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was really going or not.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at March 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Has anyone here signed up for this event yet?  I'm really leaning towards going.  I would have to leave the group Sunday morning and head back home, though.  I checked with CO's trail guide, and he said that would be fine.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was really going or not.

I haven't signed up yet but I'm planning on going.

March 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Sounds cool, but that's a long ways to drive a trail rig to start a trip.  If you trailer your rig, you have to drive 4 hours back from NWA to pick up a trailer!  I don't think my swampers would like a 4 hour drive on I-40.  Maybe I'm wrong on the time frame, but isn't Marshall over by Jonesboro?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

March 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Marshall shows to be about 2 hrs 15 mins from Springdale, according to Google maps.  There's really no need to get on I-40 at all, unless you live in the southern part of the state.

That's why I like having a dual-purpose rig, or even two rigs!  I'll probably take my Tahoe on this trip.

--

March 16, 2011 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

For those interested in this trip I just found out they are changing the camping location on Saturday night. Sounds like a neat place, and they even have a few rooms available for those (Larry, Rick) that don't camp!  Check it out

www.centraloverland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132&start=10

March 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

This event is only 4 weeks away from this coming weekend!  Has anyone signed up yet?

Randy, it looks like we might get a club discount, according to this page: http://www.centraloverland.com/Index/Group_Promo.html   Have you checked into this?

Also, I think I've talked my friend Matt into coming on this trip with his Pathfinder.  I think this will be a lot of fun!

--

April 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Yes, I registered today!  I also registered for the High Water trip this weekend.  I think they still have a few spots open this weekend if anyone else is interested!  If we have enough interested in the May trip I'll ask about the club discount.

April 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I signed up and sent my payment this evening!  Can't wait!

April 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My buddy Matt has signed up for this event as well!  This should be fun.

Anyone else going?

April 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Randy,

Here's the route Matt and I will be taking Friday to Marshall:

GOOGLE MAP

Do you want to meet up with us somewhere along the way, or do you just want to meet up with the group at Marshall?

--

May 2, 2011 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm nearly packed and ready to roll in the morning!  I think this is going to be fun.

May 5, 2011 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I put new shocks on my M416 trailer, I decided to pull it and see how it does offroad, especially since Dixie and Jordan decided they wanted to go.  See you at noon in Alpena! 

May 5, 2011 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

ALPENA!!!!!!   isn't that the name of the town that Baby Face Nelson was looking for to rob the bank in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"?   I am so envious of you guys.  I will be stuck here in Oklahoma delivering Flowers.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

May 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I had a blast!  I haven't had that much fun in a long time!  It wasn't difficult or technical driving by any means, but it was SO relaxing driving through the beautiful Boston mountains on a guided trip.  We drove mostly on maintained public roads, but there were a few creek/river crossings and such.  It was just really fun.  I met a lot of really cool people.  I think I may like this type of 4wheeling better than going to off-road parks!! :o

There were 26 rigs of different kinds.

Here we are at the scenic overlook at MT. Judea:

Here's one of the coolest camping/expedition rigs I've ever seen:

Go over to the photo gallery and check out the rest of the pictures I took.  I can't wait to go on another trip like this!!

Casey

May 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day