Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Steering on my jeep

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member

I went had the jeep aligned and wheels balanced and rotated... Before this the jeep was all over the road mostly when I would hit a bump.... Well it is a lot better now but now I have a shake in the front end like what they call the death wobble but not that bad... Plus it still wanders around a little bit is this normal for a lifted jeep plus with 33x12.50x15 mud tires.... Please help as I love my jeep but not so much the handling....

February 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Dwight, nice to meet you at the shop on Saturday.  Tell us again what lift you have on your TJ? Are you running a steering stablizer of any kind? 

February 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member

I have no idea what lift it is and yes it has a steering stablizer

February 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member

I sent you a pm Randy

February 14, 2011 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
What shop aligned it? All they did was set the toe unless you have the adjustment cams on your control arms. Your castor is probably off from the lift, that's normal, that's one thing that contributes to bump steer. This a tj? Yj? Are your wheelbearings tight? Ball joints tight? Don't trust an alignment shop to check this stuff very well, especially on a jeep. First thing to do is jack it up and check everything to see what is loose, if it has a dropped steering arm check that first, they usually work themselves loose, then the wheel bearings and ball joints. They may set too much toe too, should be zero
February 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member

Hey SuperD I sent you a message..... Thanks

February 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5