Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Other > longer brake lines???

duke 2001
Limited Member

I need to get some longer brake lines for my jeep grand cherokee before next weekend ? ive got a 4 inch lift does anyone now where i can get some before next weekend so i can go to cass...does anyone in this area sell or make them ?

thank

--
February 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

try 4 wheel concepts 271-6969

if you take one off & take to the parts store they should be able to match it up to something that will work

February 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

you could order some off quadra tec or such.  The place I had my stainless extended lines made was in Ft. Smith at Pro Speed.  I think it cost me 80 bucks for all 4 and i had mine made 12" longer than stock.  Stainless is by far the best way to go.  Just be sure you take a stock line with you so they can match fittings up.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

February 18, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

how long should i get the lines if ive got a 4 inch lift ?

February 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member
I would take a stock one and go +6. That gives you room to grow.
--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

February 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Look at how much droop or down travel your shocks have sitting at rest.  You will need to factor in that down travel to your stock length.  In most rigs your shocks are the limiting factor of suspension travel when lifted anyway so as long as you can go full droop on your shocks and not stretch your brake lines like guitar strings you should be okay.  Go to your standard parts store website (I use AutoZone) and you can enter a vehicle and look at the fittings and the line length.  I just did this with my rig and got instock brake lines that fit my rig with a 7" lift for around $40.  One stainless hose from the aftermarket would cost that much.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

February 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

I ordered some stainless lines from quadra tech today ..should be here by thursday sometime...hopefully i can get them put on before saturday ...the place i live at right now does not like you working on your rigs.. they hate to see you changing a flat tire much less putting on a brake line...so i may have to run it to a local shop here in town and pay them to put them on ...i really hate paying someone else to do small stuff but that the price you pay for living in a apartment complex..

thanks for the advice everyone

February 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Dustin,  I checked with Rick while we were at the shop today stocking our new tool cabinet with all the tools we got donated and Rick said he can't open the shop Thursday night but could open it for you Friday night after work.  I don't know about replacing brake lines but if you know how and just need a shop to do it, and Friday night will work for you let me know and we'll have it open for you. 

February 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

Randy, if my brake lines make here by thursday i will take you up on the offer on the shop...i will let you know something later this week..i dont know much about the brake lines either other than take the old ones off and put the new ones and bleed the lines....hopefully it would not be much harder than that,,,if anyone knows what they are doing when it comes to brake lines they can come supervise !!!

February 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

duke 2001 at February 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Randy, if my brake lines make here by thursday i will take you up on the offer on the shop...i will let you know something later this week..i dont know much about the brake lines either other than take the old ones off and put the new ones and bleed the lines....hopefully it would not be much harder than that,,,if anyone knows what they are doing when it comes to brake lines they can come supervise !!!

Dustin, did your brake lines come today?  Do you still need use of the shop Friday night?  If so what time would work for you?  I will need to see who can get it open for you.  I'm sure if it's open others may want to come out as well.

February 24, 2011 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

r we still needing the shop to be open tonight???????????????

February 25, 2011 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

sorry i didnt log in last night....i dont need the shop tonight... i got my brake lines in yesterday and they are on and ready to roll tomorrow... thanks

February 25, 2011 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day