Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > D-Day run, 2-26-11

arveetek

I was invited to tag along with some friends to D-Day Adventure Park, near Seneca, MO today.

We had five rigs in the group: Rick in a green XJ, Gaylen in a white XJ, Kenny in a red XJ (I'm starting to see a trend here!!), myself in the red TJ, and the only non-Jeep guy driving a Toyota pickup, my buddy Larry C.

D-Day has cut some new trails through the woods.  A lot of them are still quite stock-friendly.  However, with the recent rains, it was very muddy and made even the easy trails quite difficult.  We found several hill climb areas to be nearly impassable.

I survived without any carnage, but Kenny in the red XJ lost his rear drive shaft when the rear U-joint spit out its caps and popped loose during a climb up a rock ledge.  He was able to limp back to camp in front wheel drive and repair the shaft for another outing after I left.

Larry C. lost a tube in one tire, and had to have his spare swapped on.  It, too, lost air, but we were able to pump it up and keep going.  He had a heater hose split open, but it was an easy fix.  Finally, Larry "kissed" a tree pretty hard and caved in his door.  He had to massage it with a hammer to get it close and allow the window to roll up again.

We found one trail that ended in a huge mud hole.  Larry barely made it through with his 33" Super Swampers, and I was afraid I wouldn't make it.  But my 4 squirrels lined up in perfect action, and we blasted through the trap and made it out the other side!  Nobody got a picture of me because they weren't ready!

All in all, it was a good day of wheeling, and there was nobody else at the park but a few workers.  Very enjoyable!

You can check out more pictures in the photo album.

Special thanks to Kenny who lives near the park and had special permission to let us use the park today!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

February 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Looks like ya'll had a good day of wheeling. 

February 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10