Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Father / Son Church run, need some rigs to help!

BONE
Limited Member

Our office installed a new firewall system and I haven't been able to get on the site from work, so it's been a while since I've been on here.  But, I have been meaning to get on and see if any of you would be interested in wheeling at Buckhorn soon for a church camping trip.  Our Church (Havard Ave Baptist in Siloam Springs) is planning a father/son camping trip for either the last weekend in April or first weekend in May.  We will be going down to the Buckhorn on Friday afternoon and coming home on Saturday evening.  Our youth pastor was struggling to come up with an activity that would keep all the boys entertained on Saturday, so I suggested a little wheeling.  He is very excited about the idea.  Of course, I'm the only one in the group with a trail rig!  So, I need some help.  We're expecting a dozen or so boys and their dads.  So, we'll probably need at least 10 rigs to get everybody around.  We'll probably stay on the easy trails, so even stock rigs would work.  We would plan on taking off sometime Saturday morning and packing a lunch.  You would be welcome to come and camp, or just come in on Saturday morning.  Randy and I have talked about this a few weeks back, but I don't know if he has mentioned it to anybody else yet.  I'm hoping to have the exact weekend nailed down by this Sunday.  PLEASE let me know if you think you can make it.  You can call my cell at (479) 220-9759 or send me an email at branson.hall@hfa-ae.com.  This is a perfect opportunity for you guys with 4 door JK's!   Thanks.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

March 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I'm going to push for the last weekend in April.  The first weekend in May is Mother's Day (I think) and it would interfere with anyone planning on going on the Cinco De Mayo run. 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

March 11, 2011 at 2:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I could probably make the last weekend in April.

March 11, 2011 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

I am in as long as I don't have a make up baseball game.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

March 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Sounds fun I would probably be up for it keep me posted as it gets closer
March 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I'll be at the meeting this week to discuss.  Our youth pastor is going to come by to talk about the details. 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

March 16, 2011 at 2:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'd like to help, but I have a wedding to attend on April 30th.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 16, 2011 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok guys, we talked about this at our meeting last week and we need to get at least ten rigs committed to help on Saturday April 30th so they can plan this event.  Please post up if you can bring your rig and take a passenger or two from the father son campout on a trail ride down the Buckhorn at Devil's Den.  This is a pretty easy trail and should be nice and green by April 30th. 

I plan to be there, who else can join us and help?

March 23, 2011 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peanut
Limited Member

If you don't have enough men to bring a jeep and particpitate by mid April let me know. I would be delighted to come, meet new faces and meet club members. I don't have a JK but I can put the rear seat back in my TJ.

--

March 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member
I don't think we are limited to JKs. Any rig is welcome I would think Count me in
March 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

bring anything with extra seats the trails at buckhorn are easy

--

servants of the most high ...not rockstars

March 24, 2011 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, we got a good start on this, looks like six so far.  Bump for more committments on this. 

March 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Was that 6 rigs counting mine?  Obviously I'll be there, and I'm hoping to get Steve there too.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

March 31, 2011 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

BONE at March 31, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Was that 6 rigs counting mine?  Obviously I'll be there, and I'm hoping to get Steve there too.

Yes, I basically just counted the posts here with the exception of Henry, not sure if he is in or not at this point.  I'll send an email to all members tonight to see what other interest we might have.  Surely with 60 members we can get ten rigs out there to help.

March 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

i think i can make it on sat i possible have two more rigs

--

servants of the most high ...not rockstars

April 7, 2011 at 8:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok you can count me in for sure. got everything cleared  on my calander and am ready to go.

April 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

when is this event going to take place? just got home last night any one doing any trail runs this weekend?

April 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

if you still new rigs, i can be there

April 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TX4DR
Limited Member

Sorry guys not going to be able to make it. Really wanted to do this one. Hope everybody has a great time.

April 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

We should have a better idea of how many rigs we will need by the middle of the week.  thanks to all that are helping.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

April 18, 2011 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10