Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Father / Son Church run, need some rigs to help!

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We have had six rigs sign up so far (that does not include yours Branson) Those 6 rigs have 16 available seats for passengers.

April 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok i know you guys were going to meet at the greenland exit in the morning but for people like me whats the exit number for where we are going. coming from the south and i can just meet up with you guys at that exit.

April 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

mud diver at April 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM

ok i know you guys were going to meet at the greenland exit in the morning but for people like me whats the exit number for where we are going. coming from the south and i can just meet up with you guys at that exit.

Michael, you would probably need to take the Winslow exit to Devil's Den and follow hwy 74 to Devil's Den cross Lee Creak and take Hwy 220 toward the Horse Camp.  Go past the Horse Camp and meet us at the Horse Trails Day Use Parking.  Click HERE for a map of Devil's Den.  We should be there by about 8:45.

April 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peanut
Limited Member

Michael, I'll be coming on Interstate 40 from the west, exiting on 59 at Van Buren and taking it north to Hwy 220. Should be at the exit of hwy 59 between 07:00 and 07:30 if would like to go the back way in. It is about twenty miles to the parking lot where they meet. Wingo

--

April 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

Peanut at April 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Michael, I'll be coming on Interstate 40 from the west, exiting on 59 at Van Buren and taking it north to Hwy 220. Should be at the exit of hwy 59 between 07:00 and 07:30 if would like to go the back way in. It is about twenty miles to the parking lot where they meet. Wingo

Thanks wing that will Great it's been a long time since I have been up the old back road you just want to say meet about 7:15 at the super walmart at the hwy 59 van buren exit
April 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
Being as stock as I am, what about all this rain and that last creek crossing of Buckhorn trail?
April 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peanut
Limited Member

Good idea David. Maybe call the SO in Crawford county Friday to see if the Fall Creek slab is passable. I'd hate to get up there and have to detour and be late.

--

April 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

i just wanted to check and see if this event was still on cause i just seen devils den state park is closed due to flooding look at these pics

April 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150271441607646.399404.8836232645

April 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

mud diver at April 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM

i just wanted to check and see if this event was still on cause i just seen devils den state park is closed due to flooding look at these pics

Branson is trying to get an update on the trail conditions at Devils Den today.  We hope to know something tonight.

April 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok great  i appriciate it .

April 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I just heard from Branson and the church has decided to reschedule the father/son campout to next Saturday (5/7) I know this is Mother's Day weekend and some of us will be going to the Cinco de Mayo trip but those that might be able to help next Saturday please post up.

April 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

i  can still help out as long as i got sunday with the wife i am ok so count me in for sat.

April 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I am not sure about the trails but Devil Den Park is tore up bad from the flood. Roads washed away, camp spots wiped out, the swinging bridge is full of trees. It will take some time to clean up. I bet the trails have changed a lot as well.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

April 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey guys, we still need some more seats for this Saturday's (5/7) run for the father/son campout.  Branson said we need at least 17 seats!  Please post if you can make it and how many seats you have for passengers.

May 2, 2011 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, for any that can still help with this trail ride let's plan on meeting at the Buckhorn trailhead parking area at Devil's Den at 10am Saturday morning.  For anyone coming from the Fayetteville/Bentonville area that wants to meet and drive down together you can meet at the Phillips 66 Truck Stop at the Greenland exit 58 at 9:15.  Please post here or let Branson know if you are going so he will know what to expect.  Branson will be coordinating this trail run.  Call him if you need further directions or have other questions at (479) 220-9759

May 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kahuna Mas
Limited Member

I am trying to get out there to help out. I finally swapped out my bent sway bar link (thanks Rick for the replacement!) and put new brakes on.

Now the only thing left is to convince my wife to let me go for Mothers Day :). I will try and send an update tommorow.

--

May 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

How did the Buckhorn run go?  Was there enough rigs for everyone to have a seat?

May 8, 2011 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

it was great had plenty of people show up and had a great time got to play in a big mud hole. and dragged trailor the whole way, we only had one break and that was when branson tried to drive thru a hole bigger then his jeep. well the hole got his drivers front u joint on his axle. but i had a blast and i think the kids did too.

May 9, 2011 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Great!  Thanks to everyone that was able to help out.  Any pictures?

May 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5