Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs in 2011

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Thought I would start a new thread each year, so it might be easier to find stuff! 

I bought a double cylinder portable air compressor. The Q-89G Dual Air Compressor is ideal for off-road vehicles with 35 inch or larger tires. I used it last weekend and it took three minutes per tire to inflate my 35" tires from 16 psi to 36 psi !  

March 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

More info please!  Where did you find this and how much? 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

March 16, 2011 at 2:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

BONE at March 16, 2011 at 2:32 AM

More info please!  Where did you find this and how much? 

Yes!!  More info please!!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 16, 2011 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Auto Barn

You get free shipping and if you go  to their About Us page there is a link to get a $10 off coupon code.  This is the cheapest I could find this compressor.

March 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I added a few small things and a big thing. I put on Daystar hood wranglers so I would stop jumping everytime a truck passed.  Also a shorty antenna, and hood brackets to hold my hi-lift jack.

The big ticket item is an ARB high output compressor mounted under the hood. One step close to lockers :)

March 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Built a square tubing front driveline and clearanced the CV joint on that shaft.  Clearancing the CV gained about 5 more degrees of travel.  Was supposed to go wheeling, but my wife got an inner ear infection so we spent the night at the ER getting her taken care of.  Maybe next weekend.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

March 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Got some more upgrades done on the Tahoe: swapped intake manifolds, upgraded my air box, and finally installed the 3.5" exhaust system I've had since October of 2006!!

Here's the original restrictive EGR intake manifold:

Here's the new more free-flowing intake installed:

New canister-style air box that flows more air into the turbocharger:

And here's my excellent helper in the shop:

If you'd like to see more pics of the upgrades to my diesel, just look in my photo album.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

i finally got y jeep to justin with rock solid fab last night hes going to rebuild my tire carrier and make me a winch mount cant wait!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I hooked er up to some stumps a couple weeks ago and pulled em outta the ground....in the process I found that i need to rebuild my transmission mount.....That 350 Small Block Chevy 350 Turbo Swap keep looking sweeter every day.  :)

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

March 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Allen, let me know if you want to get rid of the AMC 360!

March 31, 2011 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gabe Sconzert
Limited Member

Just got a new hood.  Should be here next week.  I want to test fit it before I paint it.  Trying to keep up with Rick and his new wheels!  ;)

April 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Attila Okner
Limited Member

I got a new paint job :)

April 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member
My second big round of mods is underway. I ordered the snorkel, which should be here any day. I have a CB radio to install - Bluetooth capable, so I can be hands free on the cell. And I ordered a new pair of sliders and B pillar armor. Putting on Poison Spyder. Pretty excited
April 8, 2011 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Marv at March 31, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Allen, let me know if you want to get rid of the AMC 360!

I will most def let you know if that is what i choose to do.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

April 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Well started to redo my seats red and black. And got hold of a old 60's model military jeep trailer to turn into my offroad trailer.
April 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Oil change, tire rotation, and diff covers

April 30, 2011 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I stretched out the ole Jeep.  Hooked her up to a few stumps and pulled em up and out of the ground.  It was a work out.....I think I had to work harder than the jeep did.  FYI if you decide to pull stumps with your jeep....keep it lower to the ground....jumping in and out wore me out.  :) 

--

-Allen C Wendling

May 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Shop night was fun and frustrating.

Nathan got his new Tatton driveshaft on.  That thing is SWEET!  Heavy duty for sure, and a GREAT value compared to some of the big names.

I got three of my four Poly Performance control arms on.   Frustrating part was that I didn't read the instructions and didn't know I needed a sawzall to remove one of the bolts because they mounted the exhaust so that you literally cannot remove the bolt.   Those silly jeep engineers. 

Anyway, they control arms seem very well built and have 2.5 inch johnny joints on the frame mounts, so that should help more with articulation.

Best part is that my steering immediately tightened up and all the bushing popping I was getting with the skycrappers is gone. 

Those lower arms are still good, just need the non-defective bushings installed.

Hopefully will get the final CA and my Teraflex front trackbar and rear trackbar mount installed this weekend so I can make Jeep weekend.   Will post photo's as soon as I get some batteries for the camera.

--

May 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Got my interior done not 100% happy with it so probably redo it later. And got my military trailer done pulled the body off the frame had body sandblasted painted black and red to match the jeep will post pics later or you will see it at the father son trail ride at buckhorn
May 5, 2011 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Sounds cool!  I'm taking my M416 trailer with me to the Cinco de Mayo run.  First time I've had it off road.

May 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM