Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs in 2011

Hemi
Limited Member

New rockers. PSC Brawler Rockers

May 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

Trailfrog at May 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Sounds cool!  I'm taking my M416 trailer with me to the Cinco de Mayo run.  First time I've had it off road.

let me know how yours does and i will let you know how mine does!!!! maybe one day we will have to have an m416  trailor modifying party.

May 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

With work travel and all Ive been very slow in finishing up my front upper and lower CA's.  I finished that up tonight, then installed my Teraflex Monster track bar.  Part of doing this involved lining the front axle up under the jeep.  When I measured it side to side it was off to the right 1.75 inches.  I had no idea!!  No wonder I was road walking and bump steering all over the place.  I used a rachet strap attached to the right knuckle and left frame member and racheted it back into place, then installed the trackbar.

Took it for a test drive and discovered my steering wheel was now at about 30* off center to the left, so back in the garage, googled off center steering on JKOwners, and then went and loosened the two 15 mm pinch nuts on the drag link, and had Teresa sit in the heep and tell me when the steering reached TDC as I adjusted the drag link adjustment sleeve.  took it for another test drive and is driving really well and all wobble is eliminated.

teraflex rear track bar mount will be here in a couple of days, should be an easy mount, then saving coin to install 5:13 Superiors sitting in a box in the garage, along with Poly ball joints.

Justin will be doing my front stinger and axle truss once I get the parts in place.

On the hunt for a good deal on some Maxxis Trepador's in a 38.5 flavor. 

Getting closer to a rock ready JK.

--

May 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Larry,

I like my TF monster trackbar. Makes such a difference. Your rig is rally coming together.

Mine is coming along. Getting closer to trail ready - not rock ready yet :)

Have the snorkel on - immediate improvement in gas mileage. Who'd have thought?

May 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Dean, Did they send you a new breather box as well or do you modify the existing one?

Does the intake hose simply lay across the top of the battery?   Looks good.   I really like your new sliders.  They go the step beyond in regard to covering the gap between your rocker panels and frame rails, which I think is important.  That's a lot of space to get hung up on when left open.  Plus, you might be able to stuff some new gadgetry under those panels somehow...   Looking Good!

--

May 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

We Be Rockin' at May 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Dean, Did they send you a new breather box as well or do you modify the existing one?

Does the intake hose simply lay across the top of the battery?   Looks good.   I really like your new sliders.  They go the step beyond in regard to covering the gap between your rocker panels and frame rails, which I think is important.  That's a lot of space to get hung up on when left open.  Plus, you might be able to stuff some new gadgetry under those panels somehow...   Looking Good!

Thanks Larry :)

They do have a breather box, but I did not spend the extra money for that or for the hard kit,  which uses hard plastic instead of a hose. I modified the existing box.

In fact, and I really can't get a picture without a lift, I extended all my breathers for the diffs, xfer case, and tranny and tied them into the airbox as well. just some rubber hose and T connectors and silicone.

The hose does not lie across the battery so much. The kit comes with a new battery tray and it gets rotated

I really like the rockers. They wrap underneath and are a smooth surface for sliding all around. I remember that trail we took at Disney at New Years when your rig was on its side, sliding on your rockers and I could reach straight out the window and touch the ground. Perfect for that. 

May 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Here is a shot from that trail. I know it doesn't look like much, but it is taken looking out the passenger window while moving

May 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Sold the 18" Sahara wheels and tires and bolted up the 17" JK wheels and tires.

May 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok did not do this week but finally got time to post pics we finished my interior rebuilt the foam and recovered the seats in black and red vinyl, still need to redo some of it.

then i also got most of my military m 416 trailor done pulled the body off had sandblasted then rattlecanned whole thing to match jeep black and red had acouple decals made for it some red army stars for the sides and on the back had us army 1964 put on it  unfortunatly covered up by the spare tire.

May 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Michael, the seats look great, and the trailer is really looking good too!  Any idea where I can pick up a spare for mine?

May 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

Trailfrog at May 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Hey Michael, the seats look great, and the trailer is really looking good too!  Any idea where I can pick up a spare for mine?

Thanks Randy they are the first seats I really did all by myself without my parents help. As for the spare tire if I am not mistaken dad has one or two extra with military tires from restorations we have done I will check tomorrow and let you know how much he wants.
May 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
Finally put a set 32 inch super swampers with the new wheels. The smitty 8000 winch came in today , new seat covers for the front and back seats. Now a winch bumper is in the works.. One thing at a time....
June 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Took delivery of my new Torchmate CNC plasma table today so needless to say my Jeep will be getting some new stuff.   Oh and give me a shout if you need some custom tabs or anything else done.  Still be about a week before the table is up a running though.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

June 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Attila Okner
Limited Member

Trying to hunt down a sound that sounds like metal washers when i hit a bump..i think its my shocks :(

June 3, 2011 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

tonight shane,scott are going to be helping put on my new drag flip link arm,, and wait for it,wait for it,, and my new redneck ram kit..............

June 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'll probably be up there.   I need to replace front brakes and maybe switch out my front drive shaft.  Shouldn't need the lift for either of those.  Rick would you bring your fold-up canopy that you donated to the club?  I would like to use it tomorrow at the poker run.

June 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
Just got my trail ready rock slides put on this morning..
June 8, 2011 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

35s :D

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315/70/17s

June 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Dean, NICE!!!!  So much for "I'll never need 35's for what I'll do!"   JUST LIKE ME!!!

--

June 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Got the Grand aligned, mounted and balanced the 4, 32x10.5x17 mud terrains(bought for $150), mounted my matching 17 with the Wrangler SRA in the roof basket, removed the factory sized spare from the factory spare tire well. The spare tire on a WJ is mounted inside the cargo area, above the fuel tank. As of today this is my new tool box :D  there is so much space in there!!! Most imortantly, I put my Christian Crawlers windshield banner on.

July 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5