Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs in 2011

SuperD
Limited Member

lookin good

July 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Thanks Super D!!! It has been a slow steady process. I have been fortunate to find some good deals on some things I have bought. I am currently researching and keeping a mental blueprint for some rock sliders. I had a coworker give me some 2x2 square tubing he was scrapping. Now I just need the time to start fabbing them up. I am really looking forward to our trail run at Cass next weekend.
July 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Well got the old fan clutch pulled off and replaced with a performance rpg electric fan. Also got the camouflage cover made for the m416 trailer so I can keep dirt and mud out of it and keep my ice chest cooler. So I will be out there sat at cass
July 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I put my 10 year old Flowmaster off of my Bronco onto the XJ. Now you can really hear it mis-firing!!

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok its official my whole exhaust has been redone and sounds a lot better. and i now have air conditioning. no more getting burnt by the hot air blowing against my face.

July 27, 2011 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

mud diver at July 27, 2011 at 7:48 AM

ok its official my whole exhaust has been redone and sounds a lot better. and i now have air conditioning. no more getting burnt by the hot air blowing against my face.

Who did your a/c? 

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Mikes automotive in fort smith he's one of the best around custom makes the lines. I already had the compressor on the engine and bought a used condenser and fittings from a guy and some more fittings from a salvage yard he installed everything I had custom made all the lines and charged it and stuff for almost 600dollars so total in it was about 800 but it was well worth the money
July 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet
Well, haven't taken any pics yet, but finished installing the smitty built src rear bumper minus swing arm this week...long story, got a deal I couldn't pass up. My other bumper I was building is still sitting in pieces in the garage. Also had the magnaflow muffler installed...no longer sounds like a minivan driving down the road! Good sound, not too much!
--

Green Hornet

July 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

well got lucky this weekend some guy traded me a set of half doors for my tj for those cherokee body parts i had so now i got half doors for wheelin.

August 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Installed a new driver side front axle shaft. Tinted my first window!!  The front windows in my WJ weren't factory tinted.  I bought some precut tint off ebay for cheap and I did the driver side the other night.  It looks a lot better, but up close you can see the little bubbles from where I got some dirt/dust in the tint.  It was a learning experience and now I know how to do the other side better.  I had some metal given to me a couple months ago and I put some of it to use this weekend.  In with that metal there was some 2x2 square tubing that I used to start fabbing up some rock sliders for my WJ.  I had to remove the Laredo rocker molding trim and found that the previous owner had crushed the rocker panel in 2 different spots and also rolled the pinch weld up in a couple of spots.  This was all hidden by the plastic trim.  The good news is my welding is back up to par, it has been a while since I have welded anything and I was out of practice.  Hope to have the sliders done by this weekend and I will post up pics when finished.

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

August 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Bought a Magnaflow offset/offset 14" Stainless muffler, cut a 16" section out of my exhaust pipe just in front of the evap can, clamped it in, removed the stock exhaust and cut off the pipe at the lowest point of the downturn where the stock exhaust clamped on and voila, 4 Sawzall blades, a knot on my head, and a $100 later, custom exhaust and room for my air tank!!   This is an easy mod and can save you about $200 doing it yourself rather than buying a cat-back system. (I strongly recommend NOT using Harbor Freight sawzall blades).

Tonight I'm customizing my old heat shield to fit over the new location and we're done.

Rick also showed me how to put on front brake pads, which was awesome.  I left my old pads at the shop, which were actually over half left, with all the clips, if anybody needs them.   They just tended to squeal a lot under certain conditions, but were still good.

August 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Larry,

With the relocated muffler, might want to apply some heat tape around your emergency brake cable. Melting it is a common side effect of relocating the muffler - really the only gotcha I have found

August 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
During the shop day Sat we replaced the stock trackbar with an adjustable one from Iron Rock Offroad. Thank you Rick, Shane, and Larry for the help and advice. The jeep was aligned today, she drives much smoother!
--
03 Rubicon (Thanks Larry!), 4" suspension lift, IRO front trackbar, BFG AT's 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 steelies.
August 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Hemi at August 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Larry,

With the relocated muffler, might want to apply some heat tape around your emergency brake cable. Melting it is a common side effect of relocating the muffler - really the only gotcha I have found

Hemi, I also moved the original heat shield, customized it to fit the new space and mounted it.  It curves nicely around the magnaflow and provides not only better heat protection than when the muffler pipe was there, but also extends the protection past the evap can.:)

August 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet
Finally fixed my air compressor issue that has been going on since I bought it...turns out it was a faulty air compressor!!! Who knew...sent it in to ARB and a few days later it was sent back and is purring like a kitten.
--

Green Hornet

August 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
Mine is still on jackstands, halfway thru rebuilding all my control arm joints, found the mis-alignment spacers on my rear uppers were broken so I'm waiting on parts again, be nice to be squeak & clunk free again!
August 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Green Hornet at August 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Finally fixed my air compressor issue that has been going on since I bought it...turns out it was a faulty air compressor!!! Who knew...sent it in to ARB and a few days later it was sent back and is purring like a kitten.

I figured that had to be it!  It must have had some bad brushes in the motor or something, the way it would just run periodically like that.

August 19, 2011 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

5 point harnesses finally put in...just in time for Labor day at Moab!  :P

Just scored an '81 Ford Kingpin D60 from ebay... Can you say "Winter project"...

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

August 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Can you believe it.  Temps stayed below 100 and I finally rebuilt the rear shocks from the Harlan trip and replace the busted brake line.  Good to go to Disney on Labor Day now........:)

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

August 26, 2011 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

well the jeep is down for the count it seems like i crawled some stuff i should not of crawled at boonville and now my shocks have a 1/2 inch of play up and down in the bushings and the control arm bushings have 1/4 to 1/2 play rotation side to side bushings jacked up. so i am going to do a revamp going to replace the teraflex control arm bushings with daystars polyurathane bushings going to put adjustable upper arms on the front since i already have in rear and add 3/4  polyurathane coil spring spacers all the way around and replace shocks with the rancho rsx 9000 shocks. as soon as birthday rolls around and i get the funding for this i will update on my progress.

August 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day