Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs in 2011

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

My Ace sliders arrived today - hope to install them tomorrow morning.

--

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

August 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

not done this week, I did add removeable mirrors for when the doors are off. It seems that some people are having a hard time finding them, so here is a link

http://www.eadoffroad.com/rugged-ridge-11025.10-jeep-jk-tj-lj-mirror-relocation-kit-with-mirrors--pair?filter_name=mirrors

August 29, 2011 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike and Sheila
Limited Member

Installed a 2 1/2" Teraflex lift , Bilstein 5100 shocks, and Spidertrax spacers on the 4dr.  Will run the 32's for a couple of months and then go to 35's.  Drives pretty close to stock.  Seems like a little difference in handling due to the wider track, but the ride may actually be a little better with the Bilsteins.  Anyway, we're very happy with it. 

Also finished painting and installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers.  These things are awesome, but I have to say I really hate nutserts.  Spun one, had to have it tack welded.  D&M Auto Collision in Farmington really came through and bailed me out.

September 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member
Finally got a chance to install my new sliders - the ACE ones are pretty slick. You can keep your Rubicon rails in place. They use the frame mounting bolts so it's a simple install. Just have to grind the washers a little.
--

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

September 10, 2011 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
Put a new driveside door on, new front seats and tow hooks on the front .
September 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

working on getting the 4:1 kit in my new spare Dana 300 tcase.  Won't be ready for this weekend's run, but looks like I'm on call this weekend anyways.

September 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member

ok big update had birthday money so upgraded jeep with b day money started out by replacing all the lower control arm bushings with daystars replacement bushing kit and painted control arms red. then pulled off old shocks and replaced with rancho rsx 9000 adjustable shocks and replaced the 3/4 inch coil spring spacers in the front with daystar polyurathane ones. i then bought the racing seats that gabe had and installed them in my jeep turned out good. still need to get racing belts for them. and then finally found someone to trade wheels and tires so now a run a set of 16 inch helo wheels with 33 inch nitto terra grapplers will be ok for awhile till i sell the j truck then i can buy bigger tires here are pics let me know what you think.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC03002.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC02997.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC02996.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC02995.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC02994.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i324/muddiver05/DSC02993.jpg

September 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Nice looking Jeep.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

September 15, 2011 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Thanks
September 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

FINALLY got the 4:1 kit installed, and the tcase installed in the Jeep.  Just need to weld a couple of tabs on the tcase skid and top off some fluids.  Probably won't get to wheel until Rocktoberfest at Disney next month, but it will be nice to have the thing ready to go earlier than a couple of days before a trip! 

September 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

I found a good excuse to put a Flowmaster on my Jeep.  :D   I dragged my muffler while going up a rock bench at Disney for WFTW.  I sold my Wrangler SRA's and I was browsing craiglist and ran across a Flowmaster Super 44 that a guy had pulled off a 2001 Grand Cherokee.  I removed the downstream cat(there are 3 cats in all) and replaced it with a section of 2 1/2" pipe.  The section between the cat and the muffler was the only part of the exhaust that was 2 1/4" everything else is 2 1/2".  With the 4.7L V8 it sounds very nice not to loud for everyday driving.  I also immediately noticed an increase in throttle response.

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

October 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Well it has been awhile since i have been to a meeting nor touched my Jeep.  I have changed plugs, oil, and air filter. 

Bad news:  I found alot of metal shavings on my magnetic oil plug.  The odd thing is the engine sounds very smooth right now and does not smoke any.  I do hear a small lifter tick, but nothing I dont figure a quick valve adjustment wouldnt silence.  I hope cam bearings or main bearings are not going down on me. 

Hope to make to make this months meeting and see everyone again. 

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

October 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Allen!  Good to see you back!  Hope you can make it to our meeting this month.

October 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member
Well pretty much tore the whole front end out and rebuilt it
--

October 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet
Put on my new Poison Spider Trans Mount Crossmember to replace the factory beat up one. Pretty heavy duty. On order to ship this weekend is the complete set of custom River Raider 1/4" aluminum skids with 1/4" UHMW skins complete with the gas tank, transmission, oil pan and transfer case skids. I see shop day in my future. Also, picking up the steel for my offroad trailer frame I'm going to start building this weekend.
--

Green Hornet

November 1, 2011 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

My Birthday is later in the week so my wife suprised me by taking my Jeep over to a friends and having him install a full set front and rear, of Corbeau seats. She bought me the Baja RS recling model and the rear Baja bench in Black, with the cloth center sections. They are so sweet !! I am really lucky to have such a loving and supportive wife! Thank You Lord for Blessing me with her!

November 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Not really my rig, but I guess when it is done it will definitely be towed behind my rig. Check out all the pictures of my trailer build I started this weekend. Been talking about it for a while and finally broke ground this weekend. Made good headway as I cut out the entire frame along with welded up the base frame. The axle should be at more door sometime this week. I'll keep posting pictures of the build in the picture section.

--

Green Hornet

November 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

Last Friday after Thanksgiving a buddy and me took my Rugged Ridge Steering Linkage off and put new polyurathane dust boots over the tie rod ends. The were about ten bucks for all four @ Oreilly's Automotive and much better than the ones that came on it. The steering set up I have is less than a year old and all four of the boots were ripped and leaking grease. I would reccomend doing this, Also while we were in the mood I flushed the Radiator and refilled with new Antifreeze.

December 2, 2011 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

The trailer build is coming along really good...check out the photos at the attached.  Next step is to add the axle to the base frame.  Waiting on the wheels I ordered to come in so I can put the tires and axle on at close to the same time to check fitment.

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12545525

--

Green Hornet

December 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Optimus Prime :)

Ok, here it is! What was installed this past weekend and this week.

Front and rear Dana 44 axles removed - Front and rear Currie Dana 60's installed

4" Teraflex Springs removed - 6" Teraflex springs installed

Teraflex Shocks removed - Fox Shocks installed

Procomp 6001 series wheels removed - Poison Spyderlock rims installed

Teraflex front and rear driveshafts shortened

I will be installing the RIPP Supercharger this weekend. My new Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers will be here this friday and I hope to get them installed as well.

Also ordered front and rear Currie antirock swaybars. If I am lucky they will be here by friday as well!

Hopefully I can get everything installed this weekend!

Go here to see pics. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=991167&posted=1#post991167

--

2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 6" Terra Flex long arm lift, Fox remote res shocks front and rear, Currie Dana 60 RJ3 front axle (5.38 gears) with Detroit locker, Currie Dana 60 RJ3 rear axle (40 Spline and 5.38 gears) with ARB locker, RIPP Supercharger, Atlas 4 speed transfer case, PSC Hydraulic assist, Full custom roll cage, 4 Mastercraft Baja Race Seats, Crow 5 point harnesses, Max-Bilt center console, Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers, Poison Spyder Crusher Flares (front and rear), Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners (led lights), Poison Spyderlock bead locks, AEV hood, River Raider Full Skid Plate system, River Raider Evap canister skid plate, Tom Woods 1350 Custom driveshaft’s, Warn 9.0 RC Winch, ARB twin air compressor, SPOD, 38" Toyo open country MT, and more.

December 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5