Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs in 2011

vbtj
Limited Member

Optimus Prime :) at December 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Ok, here it is! What was installed this past weekend and this week.

Front and rear Dana 44 axles removed - Front and rear Currie Dana 60's installed

4" Teraflex Springs removed - 6" Teraflex springs installed

Teraflex Shocks removed - Fox Shocks installed

Procomp 6001 series wheels removed - Poison Spyderlock rims installed

Teraflex front and rear driveshafts shortened

I will be installing the RIPP Supercharger this weekend. My new Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers will be here this friday and I hope to get them installed as well.

Also ordered front and rear Currie antirock swaybars. If I am lucky they will be here by friday as well!

Hopefully I can get everything installed this weekend!

Go here to see pics. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=991167&posted=1#post991167

So what's it like winning the lottery LOL!!   Looking good now when you and Larry want to go to Clayton?

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

December 8, 2011 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

I had to replace my starter last weekend.  It had dried, caked up mud in it from WFTW at Disney in September.  I also swapped out my transfercase and my 4wd back operational.  Now I am ready to go wheeling.  I really wanted to make the Devil's Den run, but hadn't had the time to swap the transfercase before the run.  

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

December 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at March 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Thought I would start a new thread each year, so it might be easier to find stuff! 

I bought a double cylinder portable air compressor. The Q-89G Dual Air Compressor is ideal for off-road vehicles with 35 inch or larger tires. I used it last weekend and it took three minutes per tire to inflate my 35" tires from 16 psi to 36 psi !  

Hey Randy, guess what?  ;)

I finally broke down and ordered an air compressor!  I liked yours so much, I ordered one just like it today.  I got enough universal gift certificates (aka cash) for Christmas, I purchased one this morning.

Now I won't have to keep borrowing yours all the time!  :D

Casey

December 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at December 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Trailfrog at March 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Thought I would start a new thread each year, so it might be easier to find stuff! 

I bought a double cylinder portable air compressor. The Q-89G Dual Air Compressor is ideal for off-road vehicles with 35 inch or larger tires. I used it last weekend and it took three minutes per tire to inflate my 35" tires from 16 psi to 36 psi !  

Hey Randy, guess what?  ;)

I finally broke down and ordered an air compressor!  I liked yours so much, I ordered one just like it today.  I got enough universal gift certificates (aka cash) for Christmas, I purchased one this morning.

Now I won't have to keep borrowing yours all the time!  :D

Casey

GREAT!  Now you need to come out to Disney with us Saturday and try it out :D

December 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

"GREAT!  Now you need to come out to Disney with us Saturday and try it out "

I'd like to, but I've been sick all week, and now Annie is sick....

Too much to do to get caught up from the Christmas Holiday!!

Casey

December 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Red
Limited Member

I put a 4 inch lift on my jeep last tuesday!! Cant wait to get out on the trails and try it out

December 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Red at December 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I put a 4 inch lift on my jeep last tuesday!! Cant wait to get out on the trails and try it out

We need pictures! 

December 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Cool!

What lift did you go with?  Still running the 32's?

I've got a 3.25" lift with my 31's, and I have tons of clearance.  I'm thinking 33's are in my future some time.

Casey

December 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Finally finished putting on my new skid plates from River Raider with the help of Nathan Nelson and Randy.

Put on my new (used, but new to me) Smittybilt SRC rock sliders last night courtesy of Larry Schwartz....super hard to get on because of crazy engeneering and the sheer weight of the beasts, but they're on and ready for some rocks tomorrow.

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=145886015

Now I just need to put my tire carrier on and get it all fixed up.

--

Green Hornet

December 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Thanks to Randy I have a gently used tent for my trailer...he found it, picked it up and delivered it to my house for me. Awesome guy!!!!

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=145885826

--

Green Hornet

December 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Red
Limited Member

arveetek at December 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Cool!

What lift did you go with?  Still running the 32's?

I've got a 3.25" lift with my 31's, and I have tons of clearance.  I'm thinking 33's are in my future some time.

Casey

Still have the 32's I just bought them this spring so I have to wear them out then I will probaly put a 1" body lift on and run 35's  I will upload pics soon

Ryan

December 30, 2011 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

Ryans Jeep looks even sweeter now with the 4" lift!

December 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day