Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > High Water Mark

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey, since we can't seem to get a club run together this month, I'm thinking about going on this trip next weekend (4/8 - 4/10)

www.centraloverland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142

They were charging $150 for this trip but the Forest Service told them they couldn't charge without a guides license or something so while they are getting all the paperwork done (probably about a year) they aren't charging for these trips, although if I go I will probably donate something for all there work.  It sounds pretty challenging.

Anyone else interested?  I think they are liniting this trip to about ten rigs and don't know how many spots are still open.

March 31, 2011 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I just found out there are three spots left for this trip.

March 31, 2011 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

36" water crossings?  Sounds a bit extreme for either of my rigs....

Otherwise, sounds like fun!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

April 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Snorkel and breather hoses on my list - just not installed yet. Sounds like a blast

April 1, 2011 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chancho
Limited Member

You should check out Dean's new snorkel kit before you go!!  It's the River Raider Expedition Snorkel.  Very nice setup!!

April 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hemi at April 1, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Snorkel and breather hoses on my list - just not installed yet. Sounds like a blast

Snorkel is not required, they will have alternate routs for anyone that is not comfortable with the water level.  I'm in for this one!  Signed up Monday.  I'm leaving at 6am Friday morning to meet the group at Lake Dardanelle State Park at 9am to start the trip.  Don't expect to be back till late Sunday.  I think they still have a couple of spots left if anyone is interested.

April 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sounds like a lot of fun!  Take some good pictures!  I hope to get signed up for the May overland trip really soon.  My buddy Matt is planning on coming too.

April 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Wish I could be free. Take lots of pics

April 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Got back about 2pm this afternoon.  We didn't wheel today because one of the guys in a Tacoma lost two bolts that held is lower control arm on and sheared the other two.  The guy leading the trip happened to drive a Tacoma as well so he loaned him a bolt from each of his front lower control arms and they made it out that way this morning. 

GREAT trip, I'll definately be doing more of this kind of trip.  Seven rigs started out on Friday morning, another joined us on Friday night and another on Saturday morning.  All Toyota's except two 4dr JK's.  I'll post pictures soon.  Check out the other JK and the sweet off-road trailer her had!  Great group of folks, mostly from Texas and Arkansas. 

Thanks to Wes and Ryan of Central Overland, they are top notch guys and really know a lot about overlanding, even if the do drive Toyotas :D

April 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Sounds like you had a blast. Would like to see pics of the trailer just picked up an old military jeep trailer this weekend and need ideas for it. wish I could make the one in may. Can't let the wife have her first mothers day by herself.
April 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

mud diver at April 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Sounds like you had a blast. Would like to see pics of the trailer just picked up an old military jeep trailer this weekend and need ideas for it. wish I could make the one in may. Can't let the wife have her first mothers day by herself.

Bring her with you.  It's not going to be nearly as much trail riding.  They plan to have music around the campfire one night.  A great source for trailer ideas is www.expeditionportal.com 

Pictures posted.

April 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Awesome!  Sounds like fun.  The pictures you took are amazing!

I just signed up for the May Rally.  Can't wait!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

April 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day