Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > For Sale > 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee (lifted) for sale or trade

arveetek

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (318 cid) V8, auto, 249 transfer case, stock dana 35 rear and dana 30 front, stock gears, has IRO 4.5" lift springs, 33x13.50x15 tires (about 50% tread left) on Cragar soft 8 wheels, off-road lights front and rear, new fuel pump, plug wires, plugs.  295K miles.  Currenty NOT street legal.  No sway bars, exhaust not legal, needs bushings in most of the suspension and probably re-geared for the larger tires.  Performs awesome off-road, though!  Does have clear title.

I am asking $1950, or will trade for Jeep CJ or Wrangler.  I started out with a YJ, and now miss the fun of driving on the road and on the trails.  My wife would like me to get another Wrangler, too.  I'm not getting out of wheeling, just want to swap what I'm driving so that I can drive on the trails or on the street with the top off!

Here's a photo right after I installed the 4.5" lift: and before the off-road lights:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Storm_08_014.jpg

Here's a recent pic of me playing on the rocks at Disney:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Labor_day_08_0081.jpg

The front bumper cover didn't last long...so it's been thrown in the trash.

Come and see me play with it at D-day this Saturday!  The ZJ's actually perform really well off-road...they flex nicely with coil springs on all 4 corners.  The V8 has lots of grunt to get you up any incline...and with MPI fuel injection, you'll never starve for fuel!

Casey  417-850-6225

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sandspyder
Limited Member

I'll trade with a little cash for the difference.

http://christiancrawlers4x4.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/442320-1995-extended-yj-for-sale-new-price-

:)

March 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Yeah, I saw your rig...awesome rig!  But, you'll probably need a bit more cash than I have!  Plus, I want a streetable rig.  Looks like yours has full hydraulic steering, right?

Casey

March 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sandspyder
Limited Member

Yep, Full Hydro (not really street legal) but 99 % of the rigs technically are not.  But it drives awesome on the road.  I drive it work eveytime the weather is nice or around town.  Drove it from Lowell to the Show n' Shine last summer and back.  I drive it to SHS in the fall for the football games.  The kids love it. :D

March 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'll also consider taking partial trade for the following items that will fit 88-98 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton vehicles:

Lift Kit

Grill / brush guard

Winch bumper

Winch

33x12.50x15 all-terrain or mud tires (must be like new)

Fender flares

Thanks,

Casey

(I decided I'm going to build my 2-door Tahoe as a dual-purpose rig)

March 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Be careful of the chevy IFS... it doesn't have a great reputation for durability when off-roading.  But if you are just running 33s, it should do pretty good... from what I've heard, when you start getting those IFS trucks way up in the air and on 35s or bigger, the IFS chokes and you'll be going through ball joints like crazy.

My .02  =)

March 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Thanks for the tip.  I don't plan on going bigger than 33's.  I don't wheel that hard anyway!!

I sold my Jeep tonight!  I couldn't believe it!  I listed it on Craigslist less than 24 hours ago, and a guy from just a few miles away just had to have it!  Apparently he's driven by and seen my Jeep before, and was hoping I would sell it one day.  I didn't budge on my price, either, since I didn't really even want to sell it that much.  I'm in a state of shock, really.  I almost backed out at the last minute..

I'm just surprised it would sell that fast in the current economic situation.  And lots of guys are dumping their toys right now....

I'll guess I'll be wheeling in my Tahoe for the time being!

Casey

March 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Congradulations!  Mine has been on craigslist for a month.  I've had one guy low ball me and another guy offer a pretty nicely built YJ, but it wasn't streetable enough.

Also had a trade offer today for a nice 91 S-10 with a built 383 stroker.  Nice truck, but I got out of hot rodding and into off-roading. (of course)  =)

March 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Thanks!  I'm feeling kind of shocked and having a moment of "what did I do??" right now....I guess I didn't think it would actually sell.

But now I should get excited about my next project!  Whether that's the Tahoe or another vehicle.

My only other option I'd pursue is to sell my truck and then I'd have enough cash to buy a really nice Wrangler.  I'm just not sure I want to part with my truck, either...

I can afford three vehicles on the street (Wife's van, my Tahoe, and a third project), but not four.  So that means I either need to build up the Tahoe and keep my pickup as well, or get rid of the truck and get another Jeep.

Hmmmm....decisions decisions!

Casey

March 23, 2009 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Ha. Yeah, I know what you mean. 

March 23, 2009 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day