Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Introductions > New to the Club

NWA_WJ

Hello all!!  My name is Brant I am married with 2 kids and I live in south Fayetteville.  I attend church at Faith Journey in Bentonville.  I was saved as a young boy and baptized at 13.  After getting married and having a couple kids and settling down a little bit my wife and I realized that we were lacking a true relationship with God.  I was at church one Sunday listening to our worship leader give his testimony and realized that while I attended church most every Sunday, how far I had fallen away from God.  I was saved again that day.  April of last year my wife and I decided to get baptized.  My wife hadn't ever been and I realized that when I was baptized at a young age my heart may not have been in the right place.  I have lived in NWA my whole life and plan to stay here for the rest of it.  

A little about my vehicle background.  I have always been interested in cars.  My first car(still have it) was an '83 Buick Regal with a v6.  My senior year of high school the transmission went out and I replaced the v6/trans combo with a 350 small block and turbo 350 trans.  That was the beginning of my interest in drag racing.  My buddies and I spent our weekends either wrenching or racing.  We would go to Mokan dragway just north of Joplin.  Well since I was racing my daily driver I needed something I could rely on to get me back and forth to work everday.  So in 2002(I was 20 and not married) I bought a '95 Honda Civic 2-door, it was lowered, had a 5-speed tranny, and had loud exhaust.  So after being married for a while and having 2-children, the civic had become a nuisance.  So the search began for a new vehicle.  My cousin Justin Cloer, who some of you may know and is also a member of this club, was giving me advice on what to buy.  I was in the market for an suv or truck.  I searched for months and months and finally came across a deal I couldn't pass up.  My brother found a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7 V8, 4-wheel drive, fully loaded, for a really good deal.  So I bought my first Jeep/4x4/SUV and I have to say it is the absolute best decision vehicle wise we have ever made.  My wife loves it, my kids love it, and I love it.  I have a lot of ideas for it, but don't know anyone who has a WJ and what direction to go with certain things.  I look forward to actually getting to 4-wheel it this year and hope to meet many of you.  Sorry for the long post

May 15, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Glad to see you made it over.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

May 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

Welcome Brant!

May 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Welcome!!!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
Welcome!
May 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10