Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > CRUISE NIGHT at the Drive in

Discombobulated

Talked to one of the owners/managers of the drive in last night about our club cruising into there during the time they will be showning CARS2. They get the movie on June 24th but would not want a huge group to come there until the 3rd or 4th week. That puts it the weekends of the 9th or the 16th. CARS2 will be showing with Pairates of the carib. 4.

The drive in starts up at 9pm these days and the last movie gets out a little after 1.

if there is enough interest in doing this i will make arrangements with an eating place like SONIC, ANDY'S, BACKYARD BURGER or such....

The cost for the drive in is $12 per vehicle and I should be able to have the 2 back rows reserved.

the questions are simple....

1. WHO WANTS TO DO THE CRUISE NIGHT?

2. IS THERE A WEEKEND PREFERENCE?

--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
June 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm in for either date at this point.  Sounds like fun!  Thanks for getting this together Scott.

June 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

count us in

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

June 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sounds great!  We're flexible on dates.  I was just telling my wife the other night that I wanted to take our daughter to see Cars 2.  She's never been to any kind of theatre before (she turns 4 on July 10).

Casey

June 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Its's a little ways out but right now looks good.

--

June 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

OK the weekend of July the 9th is it.

NOW.... Friday night or Saturday Night?

The first movie starts at 9pm. and the last ends about 1am.

The plans are to start at a eating place: Sonic, Backyard Burgers, or such and gather up, then curise to the drive in. We will need to be there a good 45 min early to line everyone up and "hopefully" park in the reserved section at the rear of the drive in.

June 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Disco Bob, If my timeline is correct, we'd need to leave Bentonville/Rogers area at 7:45, thirty minute cruise, arrive 8:15.  So we'd need to meet at an eating place at roughly 7?  Sonic by the shop might be good, but any place is fine.  Flying Burrito might be another option.  Be cool to have the rigs parked all around facing the intersection at 102 and Walton. 

--

June 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated
DISCO BOB.... That's what we say.. We are Disco, Bob & Ted... Friday night might be a stretch. Might be better for a Saturday night to keep the pressure down for getting off work.
--
June 23, 2011 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Discombobulated at June 23, 2011 at 8:31 PM

DISCO BOB.... That's what we say.. We are Disco, Bob & Ted... Friday night might be a stretch. Might be better for a Saturday night to keep the pressure down for getting off work.

Either works for me. 

June 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
Ok so I didn't think we could make it because of my work schedule, but if your going to meet at 7 and so close to my work, count us in!!!! BTW! The pregnant mama's vote is flying burrito!
June 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Friday the 8th is my daughter's birthday party.  I should be able to make Saturday the 9th work.

June 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

Saturday the 9th is official...

I will post the specifics when it gets a little closer but here is a thought...

meet at FLYING BURRITO in Bentonville and cruise from there.

other thoughts and options are appreciated. If there is enough interest we will move the location to Fayetteville so SPEAK UP!!

June 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Rats...thought I could make it....too much going on that weekend after all.

:(

June 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Scott, Teresa and I decided to run down to the drive in last night after we did the FIL's birthday.

Got there at 9.   Line was backed up to 540 from the entrance.  by the time we got up there they were sold out.  Said they open the gates at 7 and usually people waiting then. 

Can we reserve some spots?  Won't be that fun if we're spread out all over the place and if we get there at 8:45 we're sunk.  Let's put together a battle plan.

--

June 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

I have contact information for one of the managers. She said that if we give her to week 3 it should slow down enough to reserve the spots. thats why i keep posting about it to keep intrest and let people know we need to start finalizing numbers soon so I can call them.

June 27, 2011 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

I was there too Larry, was in the wifes car, thought I saw you in line back there, we were the first car turned away, messed around fayettenam for a while and came back for POTC2 and got in then, half the crowd left after cars 2

June 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated

OK ... the cruise night is THIS SATURDAY!!! I talked to the manager today and she needs the number of rigs QUICK.... I need to know who is planning to attend by Thursday NOON..  once we have the number of vehicles attending, I will plan the rest: FOOD AND WHERE TO MEET....

--
July 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

count us in....

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

July 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

We plan on being there.  We're picking my son up from the airport later that night in Tulsa (midnight) so things could change.  I would rather have a spot just in case.  For now, count us in.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

July 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Count Steve in too.  Not 100% sure they will make it, but I'll let you know if not.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

July 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10