Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Bible Discussion > Favorite Verse and why?

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I want to hear from you.

March 20, 2009 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Jesus Wept....  Because I can remember it!!!!!rolleyes

2 John 1:4 (King James Version)

4I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

Because it gives me great joy when I see any of my children do God's work.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

March 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

To me this sums up our Christian faith.

March 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

How can you pick just one?!?!  =)

My favorite book is Philipians. But my favorite verses in that book are 2:1-11

"1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
 6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
 7but made himself nothing,
      taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
 8And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      and became obedient to death—
         even death on a cross!
 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

3:7-11

7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

And 4:4-9

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

March 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

I can come back to these words over and over again and be refreshed from life's ups and downs.  It is beautiful writing, full of wisdom.  Wisdom that was straight from God and given to Paul to share with us.... absolutely amazing.

March 23, 2009 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

I've always loved this verse.  It reflects so much in such a small verse.  To win Gods favor like this amazes me.

JOB 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

March 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Time to revive this thread!  :)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I like this verse b/c I have experienced it's truth in my life and the lives of those I love.  Very important verse.

Another: Ephesians 2:8 - For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

It's a FREE gift!  Who said nothing is free anymore?

One more: Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Beautiful testimony from Paul!

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

August 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NightStalker
Limited Member

When I was in the Army we had a saying, "Now thats Motto." when talking about someone's tattoos.  Most of the guys had an American flag or an Eagle or something like that.  I got this one a while back in it is my Motto.

It also brings me to my favorite bible verse.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and and a light unto my path."

Some of you may have seen it at the last SMORR run and wondered why I would have such a tattoo on my leg.  Well, now you know.  It reminds me that every step I take is given to me by God, and that through His word each step that I take should be to glorify Him.

NOW THATS MOTTO... LOL

--

1977 CJ7 Project Underway

August 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM