Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > Front diff cover

David
Limited Member
Anyone have an extra Dana 44 diff cover? The rubicon came with a Solid diff cover, had the gasket replaced, got it home and it is leaking worse! Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
June 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
Nevermind, hate to actually prove how much of a newbie I really am.... Anyway, next on the agenda is a rear sway bar! Apparently, the previous owner decided it wasn't needed! Any ideas?
June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Hey just cause your diff cover leaks on you after Fixing it doesn't make you that much of a newbie I had to do mine twice the other day check the cover make sure it has not dragged on anything mine apparently hit a small rock and flattened the diff cover a bit which made it pull away from the housing a little bit of file and sanding it took care of it. As for the sway bar get a stock one and put disconnects on it
June 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David
Limited Member
Thanks mud, prob just going to run without a rear sway bar.
June 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

no rear sway bar on a stock wheel base TJ will make for a very tippy ride, I left mine off when I lifted it and about rolled it at disney when the rear unloaded, needless to say I reconnected it as soon as I got home.

the stock rear bar doesnt limit flex at all

June 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

FWIW, I do have a spare D44 cover. Saved mine when I replaced them

June 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5