Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Need some info on lock-right lockers

duke 2001
Limited Member
im looking at ordering a lock-right locker for the rear end of my zj...does anyone know much about them..I've read a few ads on them was just wondering if anyone was running one? If I order one where can I get It put in a at ???
June 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I ran one for years in my D-30 front and liked it so much that is what I put in my D-60 front that I run now.    I like them haven't had one fail yet and they are really easy to install too.  

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

June 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

If you have a D35 in the rear of your ZJ, just realize that the 35 is not the strongest axle, especially when locked.  Majority of opinion is not to lock a 35 without upgrading the axle shafts.  Otherwise, a broken shaft is likely if you play hard.  The Lock Right itself is a good product.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

June 26, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
Ok I don't drive the jeep everyday..I might drive 4 times a month when I m home..and I don't wheel it hardcore so...the should I put it in the front or the rear end? Or would I be better to stay with with open diffs
June 27, 2011 at 1:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

your axles would live longer unlocked but whats the fun in that, as long as you dont get to throttle happy or wheel hoppy you'll be fine, put it in the rear.

very easy install, 1-2 hours tops, good time to change outer axle seals too while you are in there if they need it

June 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
WoulD anyone have a place i could use and be willing help? I don't know much about that kind of stuff.
June 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member

where are you located?

I could help you @ my shop one evening once I'm caught up or we could possibly do it at the club shop next time they have something going on.

have to hit Rick up on the dates if going to do it there

June 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I don't have a Lock-Right, but I have an Aussie in the front of my JK.  The Lock Right and Aussie are basically the same thing.  I've been very impressed with mine. 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

June 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
I Called 4 wheel drive hardware yesterday and got some in put from then. for 50 bucks more I can go with a detrot true lock wish acts like a limited slip they told me it would not as hard on my axles ..
June 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
I live in fayettville so it s not a big deal where we do it at ...and it will be sometime in September when I get longer than two weeks off from work. and I do thank you guys for all the input and future help with this little project.
June 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

I had one in the front axle of my 85 Toyota.  I abused the heck out of it on at least 6 hard wheelin trips and it never failed.  Highly recommended by me.  And they are cheap too!  So what if it breaks after 2 or 3 years of hard wheelin'?  It didn't cost $1000 bucks. (like an ARB locker)  :)

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

July 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
A Detroit true trac is not a locker, it is a full case replacement limited slip, you would have to either regear or re setup your existing gears, not a drop in like the Aussie or Spartan , plus you gain NOTHING in the rocks, lift a tire, loose your traction
July 2, 2011 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I ran Lock-Rights in a front Dana 44 and rear 9 inch under my Bronco for years with no problem. I had a 302/NP435/NP205 and 36 inch Swamper SX's. The only problem I had was when I broke the stock cross pin in the 9 inch. Lock-Right was good for me on a budget. If I had to do again with no budget, I would put Detroit in rear and ARB in front!. 

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I believe I got mine at Randys Ring and Pinion online. Dont forget the install kit.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10