Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > DISNEY RUN SATURDAY JULY 2nd

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Trailfrog at July 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM

BGA Alert on Grand Lake!  Looks like they are about to close grand Lake to swimming and water sports due to Blue Green Algae concerns!  More Info HERE  Don't know if this same concern would exist below the dams or not.  Thanks to David Austin for the heads-up on this.

UPDATE HERE Looks like they are stongly discouraging contact with lake water in Grand Lake.

July 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

I'm in.  Probably bringing a friend from work.  Ready to try out my new gears.

--

July 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Did you mean the IGA in Gravette? I can't finmd a Harps in Gravettr - Gentry, but not Gravette

July 2, 2011 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
Yes the IGA
July 2, 2011 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well I wheeled for not even 30 minutes and broke my front ring gear!  I wasn't even wheeling it hard or bouncing or anything?  Took 30 minutes to limp back to Hogan's then about two hours to pull the axles and then remove the ring gear and put the axles back in so I could get home (thanks to everyone for all the help, I learned alot!).  I just bought them in December when I regeared.  They were Alloy USA gears.  Has anyone run these gears before? 

July 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I have loaded the best pictures

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=11854073

As far as the gears go, Alloy USA, Superior, Yukion, G2 etc are all made by a company called CHA. The D44 4.88 gear by US Gear is the only JK gear above 4.10 not manufactured by CHA.

July 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kahuna Mas
Limited Member

Trailfrog at July 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Well I wheeled for not even 30 minutes and broke my front ring gear!  I wasn't even wheeling it hard or bouncing or anything?  Took 30 minutes to limp back to Hogan's then about two hours to pull the axles and then remove the ring gear and put the axles back in so I could get home (thanks to everyone for all the help, I learned alot!).  I just bought them in December when I regeared.  They were Alloy USA gears.  Has anyone run these gears before? 

How many miles did you have on them? I know there's typically a recommended 500 mile break in period where you're supposed to keep the mph under 60 and that you should change your diff fluid after that.

Were you locked?

--

July 3, 2011 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at July 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Wow!  That stinks!  Where were you at when it broke?  Glad you made it home safely.

July 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I wasn't on the gas or bouncing or anything?  Just crawling?   I'm not locked in the front.  This is a spot Shane had just crawled up.

July 3, 2011 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Warm tires on Grand Lake bedrock equals very good traction!!! It doesnt take much sometimes.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 3, 2011 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Randy's rig definitely made him miss some fun.  After he hit the road we rolled over to the waterfall to see if it was JK friendly.  Not particularly.  took me probably 30 minutes to get up it but finally got just the right line and bump and we were up and over.  Thanks to shane for his patience in spotting me up.  Then big Rick the Rock pull his beastie up to it and bang, up in one.  The BANG was his right step getting CRUNCHED, but onward and upward he went.   We then ran over to Little Blue and I took a quick stroll up the obstacle.  That's my third run up Little Blue and the only damage I ever pick up is on my sliders.   We continue to stretch the bounds upon which a JK on AT's can roll, but I really, really need some new tires.  I left about 5000 miles worth of my front left tire on Waterfall.

Good friends and Good Times!

July 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM