Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Other > Anyone heard of Durango Radial M/T's?

NWA_WJ
My brother sent me a craigslist posting of a set of 4 Durango Radial M/T tires in a 265/70/17. The seller is asking $200 for all four and said that the tires have 50% or better tread left on them. I know that this is cheap for a set of 17" mud terrains, but if that model of tire is junk I would rather keep running my Wrangler SRA's and save my pennies for a good set of A/T's or M/T's.
July 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
They are decent, made by Cooper under the Hercules brand, look like the original Cooper STT mud terrain, they do get extremely noisy at around half tread and I wouldn't be surprised if the seller is overstating the tread left, most do on craigslist
July 4, 2011 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
My concern is that they are overstating the tread left. That is why I always put a tread depth measurement when I am selling a set of tires and I also try and post some good pics through photobucket. Craigslist photos are so grainy. The other problem is that the tires are in Barling and that is more than an hour drive one way, but if the tires are good and I can talk him down a bit then it would be worth it. By the way SuperD, do you still have that silver 4-door BMW? I don't know if you remember me, but I sold you the spoiler.
July 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperD
Limited Member
Yes and yes, it's getting ready to be for sale, just need to do a lil painting & a detail. Now I can put a face with your jeep
July 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Well I bought the tires. I offered the guy $150 for them before I went and looked at them. I figured you can't even buy a 17" m/t new for that. He took my offer and I have to say that he didn't overstate the tread left. 2 of the tires have just over 12/32 left. They other 2 are cupped, chopped, feathered, or whatever the 4x4 term is. I am still new at the 4x4 thing. I am going have them mounted and run them at trail run in Cass here in a couple of weeks. That being said, anyone know of a good tire shop that won't rake me over the coals for mount and balance. I know a few of you have used Norm's. I live in south Fayetteville and the only time the jeep and I are in Bentonville is on Sundays for church. Thanks guys I appreciate it.
July 6, 2011 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM