Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Introductions > Oklahoma Wheeler Moved to Arkansas

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

Hello, My name's Gregg Contreras.  My wife and I recently moved to Fort Smith from OKC.  I'm a pretty avid wheeler and was heavily involved in the Oklahoma Trailchasers.  I drive a Toyota but I'm hoping ya'll can overlook that.  I look forward to making a run with your club in August.  I love video's so I've included a link to a little axle gear problem I had at Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DGJsIQhvc

July 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Welcome I think you came by my shop one day
July 6, 2011 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

mud diver at July 6, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Welcome I think you came by my shop one day

Oh ya, I was headed to Clayton and stopped by for a CB.  Its weird I spend more time working on the CB than anything else.

July 6, 2011 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
Well maybe not I am at Arkansas seat cover in fort smith
July 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

mud diver at July 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Well maybe not I am at Arkansas seat cover in fort smith

Oh ya, I got the front seat in my F250 re-covered.  Your the one who told me about this club, thanks.  I thought you were from the 4x4 shop on Towson.

You did an awesome job on the seat by the way!

July 6, 2011 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Gregg, do you know a guy named Tom Malone?  I think he's in the Trailchasers.  I've wheeled with him at Disney and Superlift.

July 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

Trailfrog at July 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Hey Gregg, do you know a guy named Tom Malone?  I think he's in the Trailchasers.  I've wheeled with him at Disney and Superlift.

Tom and Jan are two thirds of the Trailchasers Toyota Clique, we're good friends.  We've wrenched on each others rigs quite a bit.  I think they're regulars at Crawl for Christ as well.

July 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member
Yotas are cool. If they still built landcruisers like they did FJ40s probably would have one of them. Look forward to wheeling with you.
July 7, 2011 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Welcome,  I am in Van Buren.   I've also wheeled with Tom at the first Crawl 4 Christ.  Stan, Tom, Jamie (from Tenn.) and myself wheeled together all weekend that year.  Good time for sure.   I also have Rock Solid Fabworks which is just small shop out of my garage where I do custom fab work on the side if you ever need anything.  I just recently purchased a Torchmate 2x2 plasma table so I can custom cut brackets and tabs.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

July 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

vbtj at July 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Welcome,  I am in Van Buren.   I've also wheeled with Tom at the first Crawl 4 Christ.  Stan, Tom, Jamie (from Tenn.) and myself wheeled together all weekend that year.  Good time for sure.   I also have Rock Solid Fabworks which is just small shop out of my garage where I do custom fab work on the side if you ever need anything.  I just recently purchased a Torchmate 2x2 plasma table so I can custom cut brackets and tabs.

Thanks, I 'm pretty rough on the Yota, so I'm sure I'll need something fabbed up.

July 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

we need all the yota's we can get       welcome

--

servants of the most high ...not rockstars

July 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

Thanks, I was kind of concerned because from the site photos....a lot of Jeeps.  I used to drive a full size 78 blazer on 1 tons on the trail (and loved it).  Jeep purists hated that thing.  The Toyota is a little more acceptable I guess.  Little clip of the ol' rig (may she rest in peace)

http://www.youtube.com/user/crw4915#p/u/21/28G4J8U76vE

--

87 4Runner, Stock Engine, Low Gears, Big Tires...And One Awesome Rattle Can Paint Job!

July 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

nice i have an 82 blazer and an 84 toyota

--

servants of the most high ...not rockstars

July 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Toyotagregg at July 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Thanks, I was kind of concerned because from the site photos....a lot of Jeeps.  I used to drive a full size 78 blazer on 1 tons on the trail (and loved it).  Jeep purists hated that thing.  The Toyota is a little more acceptable I guess.  Little clip of the ol' rig (may she rest in peace)

http://www.youtube.com/user/crw4915#p/u/21/28G4J8U76vE

Toyotagregg, I know what you mean, try driving a JK:)  We out here having to earn respect in a vehicle the "Jeep Purists" also despise!   I figure it's not what you drive, it's where you drive it!!!  I used to drive an 87 sierra classic short wide I thought was unstoppable!!  I miss that truck.  I have a K2500 at the house that I've never stuck and it's been many places it shouldn't have been.  I really like the JK for it's longer wheel base and wider stance for the stabiiity.  It just doesn't turn on a dime like the CJ-TJ family. 

Look forward to wheeling with you.

July 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

Sounds like my kind of people!

--

87 4Runner, Stock Engine, Low Gears, Big Tires...And One Awesome Rattle Can Paint Job!

July 9, 2011 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

One of my best friends (who got me into wheeling) still drives an '82 Toyota pickup on 33" Swampers.  I'm amazed at where he can take that little truck.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

July 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toyotagregg
Limited Member

Ya, this thing will go anywhere now that its backhalved.  Only problem I've had is that on 39" tires and a 6" lift with an Extremely soft suspension setup it tends to flop or rollover any chance it gets.  I may end up putting some water in the tires to try and fix that in the future.  For now I'll just "pucker up" any time I get a little off camber. 

This is a 6 min video but about half way I get in a very "horizontal" situation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHdvV0CJ3E&lc=DTjuf7vmQT0c8277XmL5zwJxC00HmzAbMso5Owmaj9k&feature=inbox

--

July 10, 2011 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Welcome to CC.  You will enjoy running with this crew.  I'm part of the Austin Clan out of OKC.  We have hooked up with the Trail Chasers on several occaisions.  A very good club and we are fans of Tom and Jan.  Their son in law and daugther go to church with us.  We will run into you on one of the CC runs before lone.  Again WELCOME

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

July 12, 2011 at 5:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM