Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Calvary Crawlers SMORR Run

Green Hornet

Who all is planning on going on this trip?

Calvary Crawlers SMORR Run

Friday July 29, 2011 11:00 AM - Sunday July 31, 2011 3:00 PM

I was planning to take off Friday and head up that morning and spend the weekend there. I haven't wheeled in so long I don't know if I remember how...

--

Green Hornet

July 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Nathan, sure you do, JUST MASH IT THROUGH THE FLOOR!!!!!:lol:  I probably won't make it due to some steering box concerns, but by the end of August, I should be GOOD TO GO!!

--

July 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Green Hornet at July 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I was planning to take off Friday and head up that morning and spend the weekend there. I haven't wheeled in so long I don't know if I remember how...

So far there are about 15 rigs going from the Memphis area.  Most are with Mid-South Jeeps.  Also, Eric Holmes that we met there last year said he plans to attend.  There may be 5-6 FedEx guy's join us but they have not made up their minds yet. 

Hopefully a few of you guys can join us. 

July 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm still planning on going

July 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

I think so !!!!!!!!   Don't know for sure how long we will be there or if camping or going back into the city or even what I am going to take.  Yep, I all about planning.  Right now it looks like we may just be driving the wife's DD stock Rubi and running the bunny trails and taking pictures or maybe if I get really ambitious we might just pull down the DragonFly behind the Dodge.  The C4X4 buggy will not be coming I am pretty sure.  Have not even ordered the shock rebuild kits or replacement brake lines..  I have not been very ambitious with the day after day of 100* plus days.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

July 19, 2011 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Works every time!!!  You'll be there Dave!!!!  :D

July 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Count me in if the weather cools off!  I'm no fan of wheeling in these triple digits....

July 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Green Hornet at July 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I don't think I've had my Jeep on a trail since February.....  :(

July 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Hopefully the weather forecast holds true!  Weather.com is showing a high of 88 w/scattered t-storms for next Saturday.  I can handle that!

On the other hand, I think ya'll that went to Cass today had to be out of your mind!!  ;)

Casey

July 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm headed up Friday morning probably around 8:30 and will be camping.

July 25, 2011 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at July 25, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I'm headed up Friday morning probably around 8:30 and will be camping.

Gonna tough it out with the new RTT, eh?  ;)  I went camping weekend before last, and it was HOT!  I had a box fan blowing on me, and it was still pretty warm for sleeping.

Hopefully it will cool down this weekend.  SMORR's forecast is still showing about 10 degrees cooler than what we've been used to lateley.

I'm planning on leaving early Saturday morning and spending the day.  I'm bringing a friend with me too.

July 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

We will be there Saturday morning early....  But after 30 something days of 100 plus degrees I am wimping out on any form of camping.    http://amishinn.com/ ; Still looks like it will just be one rig.  Polly Performance are just shipping my shock rebuild kits today???????  Ordered them last week........They said oh!!!  we will get those out today.......hummmm......  Looks like somebody dropped the ball

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

July 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

That is ALL

July 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Current weather forecast:  "Saturday Hot and humid. Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Heat index readings of around 101 in the afternoon."

Better plan on wheeling early in the morning!  I'm going to try and be there by 8 am.

July 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

thanks for the update.  We plan to hit peewee crossing and guard rail several times to take a break and get wet (both trails have water and shade).  I'm wearing cool athletic shorts/shirts so I can get as wet as needed and still be comfortable.

We also want to be on the trails as early as possible (8:00am) and an evening sunset run.

July 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet
All packed...heading out in the morning when I get around to it. See y'all there. I'm gonna try and tough it out camping, but who knows...a light rainy in the evening could cool things down a bit to be bearable while sleeping.
--

Green Hornet

July 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'm bringing a fan.  Hopefully that will make it comfortable sleeping.

July 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm all loaded up, and I'll see ya'll tomorrow (Saturday) morning.  Hope to be there around 8.

July 29, 2011 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

We had a great day on Saturday!  Nathan made it the day before, Randy pulled in shortly after I did Saturday morning, along with David and Judy Austin.  Chris and Dana from the Calvary Crawlers, as well as several others from the Memphis area made a full weekend out of it.  We also had a couple, Shawn and Kim from eastern Missouri, join us for several of the trail rides.  They had a nice TJ that they were trying out for the first time.

I brought along a friend, Jason, who had never been off-roading like this before.  He started the day a bit unsure and uneasy about what these Jeeps could actually do, and ended the day encouraging me saying, "Come on Casey, you can climb that!"  :D  He really enjoyed it.

As for trail carnage: Nathan started it off with a U-Joint in his front axle shaft losing a cap, probably after we all came down Rocky Road.  Yes, my little TJ on 31's made it down that trail.  We stopped to repair Nathan's U-Joint, and luckily Randy had a spare.  After getting back to camp, Randy foud out that his rig also had damaged the same U-Joint.  Well, since Randy had already given his spare one away, the girls ran to town to find another one.

After I and the new couple had run some more trails, we came back to camp to find Randy finishing up his repairs.  We decided to hit one more trail before calling it a day.  We ran a new one, called "In memory of Michael Stark."  It was a short loop, but rated a 3.  It was a pretty twisty trail, with lots of rocks and sharp tree roots.  We hadn't gotten a 1/3 of the way into the trail, until we heard the ominous "hiss" of a tire being punctured....it was Nathan's.   We quickly swapped his spare on, and decided to finish the trail and call it a day.

All in all, it was a great day of wheeling, the weather wasn't too bad (especially after it rained), and we met some new friends.

As far as the carnage goes...someone else will have to chime in and tell us what happened Sunday!! ;)

I forgot my camera, but I did snap a few with my cell phone:

I can't wait to see what David Austin posts up!  He was taking a lot of pictures that day..

Casey

July 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Sorry for the delay but here is a link to the pics we took.

http://www.calvarycrawlersoffroad.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12039961

August 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5