Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

Thanks!

--

God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

August 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I ran into a major issue when I lifted mine.  In fact, I was on the first test drive when it happened and just about wrecked the Jeep.  I did some research and found out to completely disable the system.  I don't miss having it.  I have a light that stays on all them time on the dash, but I don't even notice it now.  Mine's a 2008, so I'm not sure about the bell your getting when you brake.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

August 13, 2011 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

I tried the Procal module - still no change, but I do have daytime running lites and lane change programing:)

Thanks to the shop crew recommendations Saturday I am getting it aligned at Norms next weekend. 

the 2011's have an alarm tone built in - Jeep wants you to keep ESP enabled for safety. I'm finding on forums that this is not an uncommon problem. If the alignment doesnt do the trick then I will get back to the stealership.

--

August 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member
So the steamers ip called Friday to tell me they had contacted a Jeep tech at Chrysler and that the whole issue is about tire pressure. I had an appointment at Norm's for an alignment - they told me everything is correct mechanically and that it has to be in the computer programming. I went to the dealership so they could measure my tire pressure and one tire was 4# light. They decided to increase the pressure to make the wheels more rigid - that did nothing, same issues on the way home, only now my ride is jarring. Does anyone have experience with the super chips flash pack? The guy at 4-wheel concepts recommended it. Also, what pressure do most of you run on the street?
--

August 20, 2011 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I used to run 36# in my 35's but they were wearing more in the center so now I'm running 32# of course now my TPMS light is on all the time but not a big deal.

August 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member
They pushed me up from 39# to 49#
--

August 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

49 psi is way too high!  These Jeeps are not nearly as heavy as the tires are rated for, so inflating them to the recommended pressure on the sidewalls usually results in a rough ride.

My little TJ with the 4 cylinder is even lighter, and I have found that 26 psi in the front and 24 in the rear makes a nice ride, and the tires wear evenly.

Casey

August 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member
The guys at the dealership are clueless. The service manager told me that he was going to set them at 44 and that the upper limit was 45. He said that this would make the sidewalks frirm enough to eliminate flex on corners. The other guy tells me there is no upper limit and that he's setting them to 49 - it's even squirrlelier on curves now. I'm taking it to a tire store tomorrow to have the nitrogen reduced back down
--

August 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

Just took them back down to 37 and it rides great again except for this pesky curve thing

--

August 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

So today I got a call - the stealership will have a regional Jeep tech look at my issue on Tuesday. They are looking into the wheel and steering sensors. I have been asking about sensors all along - hopefully this is the fix!

--

August 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ozark Red Rubi
Limited Member

Here's an update - when the tire pressure was so high I took it around this curve in ES that always set of the ESP and then took the pressure down to 37# - the ESP came on about half as much through the same curve. So I took it down to 32# per some suggestions here and took the same curve - it almost never comes on on that same curve - on my drive to the stealership yesterday it only went off twice and one of those times was on very uneven pavement where they are patching a slide. The tech had the jeep hooked up to a computer while they drove it and all the sensors check out fine. They could not get it to go off until the did donuts on gravel - it may be fixed and all it took was a tire guage:)

--

August 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike and Sheila
Limited Member

Thought I'd post a follow-up on the comments about the Procal and steering wheel centering, since I just installed a lift and had to use it.  The Procal does in fact have a feature to assist with centering the steering wheel.  Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but I for one was confused about what it actually does.  The PC doesn't "correct" anything by itself.  It merely gives you an indication of when the ESP senses that the wheel is in center position.  The actual correction is mechanical.  After a couple of tries at centeriing the wheel, I think I got it dialed in.  I coasted up the driveway far enough that I was comfortable that the front wheels were oriented in the straight forward position, then installed the PC with the centering option enabled.  I then turned the drag link adjusting sleeve until the PC indicated the wheel was centered, and cinched everything back up.  So far it seems to have worked well.  The Jeep tracks straight and the wheel seems to be perfectly centered.  (FWIW)

September 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM