Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > 2012 Wrangler News

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I saw this today:

"2012 JK Wranglers equipped with the A580 automatic transmission, who change their gear ratio will cause the transmission to enter “Limp Mode”… The 2012 Jeep Wranglers with the new Pentastar 3.6L enginehit dealer lots earlier this month. The great news is that Jeep can’t keep them on the lots. The bad news is dealership can’t keep them out of the service bays. The first mod most Jeeps owners make to their Wrangler is to throw a lift kit and a set of over sized All Terrain (AT ) or Mud Terrain (MT) tires on their Jeep. -The next is to switch out the ring and pinion in the Dana 30 or Dana 44 to a more favorable gear ratio.

This is when thing go bad for 2012 JK Wranglers equipped with the A580 automatic transmission. Owners who change their gear ratio will cause the transmission to enter “Limp Mode”. -A safety program the transmission controller defaults to when its senses a change in gear ratio or damaged axle. It is designed to keep Jeep a disabled Jeep in 1st and 2nd gear so it can get home, or to the local dealership, or service station. The bad news? Currently there is no fix. Dealerships can’t override the fail safe. Jeep owners are stuck waiting for Jeep or aftermarket companies like AEV or ProComp to come up with a solution. Jeep has yet to announce a fix for the issue, and most owners have been surprised to discover that its not a warranty issue, due to the fact that the aftermarket part has caused the error."  More HERE

August 30, 2011 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10