Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > October Trail Run

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I need some feedback from our members.  Several have asked about our trail run for October.  What do Ya'll want to do? Cave Springs is having a car show 10/1 is anyone interested in doing this?  We have talked about doing a club Show & Shine in October.  If we do this would most likely be on 10/22 at the Fellowship Bible parking lot in Rogers from 11am - 2pm.   Jeep Weekend at Eureka Springs/Wheeling World is this same weekend.  Also our new Southern Missouri chapter is thinking about a SMORR run that same weekend or possibly the next.  For those wanting to try overlanding Central Overland is doing a three day trail run/event at Mulberry Mountain the last weekend in October and Mark Adkins might put together a pre-run to this that would start on Thursday the 27th and end at the Mulberry Mountain event.  October is great camping weather, I'd love to do a weekend trip to SMORR sometime this month. 

Looking for your input?

September 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mud diver
Limited Member
I would say use the car show in cave springs as our sort of show and shine might be more traffic there since its an advertised car show. And also so on the weekend of the 22 people can either do eureka jeep weekend or smorr I am thinking about doing jeep weekend since I have never been I think everyone would be happy they can do one or the other or both this is just my two cents
September 25, 2011 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

mud diver at September 25, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I would say use the car show in cave springs as our sort of show and shine might be more traffic there since its an advertised car show. And also so on the weekend of the 22 people can either do eureka jeep weekend or smorr I am thinking about doing jeep weekend since I have never been I think everyone would be happy they can do one or the other or both this is just my two cents

That sounds pretty reasonable on the car show and the SMORR/Eureka weekend.  I'd be up for SMORR myself.  I had a good time last year at their fall event.

I'd like to hear more info on what Mark has in mind for the CO event.

Need to make some decisions pretty fast so I can get them on my calendar!!

September 25, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

I was thinking about a run to SMORR The 22nd, but the Eureka trip sounds like fun. It would definately be an opprotunity for people to see us and know who we are. Exposure is the name of the game. I have plans for friday night (Miranda Lambert concert :)) but we might could leave here early on saturyday and make a day trip out of it, Its about 80 miles over there from here. Will there be trail rides there also?

September 26, 2011 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
I would be interested in the cave springs car show for sure. I am also interested in the overlanding trip. I need to talk to the boss about that one :)
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

September 26, 2011 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Holmes Jeep at September 26, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I was thinking about a run to SMORR The 22nd, but the Eureka trip sounds like fun. It would definately be an opprotunity for people to see us and know who we are. Exposure is the name of the game. I have plans for friday night (Miranda Lambert concert :)) but we might could leave here early on saturyday and make a day trip out of it, Its about 80 miles over there from here. Will there be trail rides there also?

Yes there are trail rides Friday and Saturday afternoon at Jeep weekend.  Here is a link to the website.  In the past they have let you participate in the Saturday only events for a reduced registration fee.  Seems like it was about $25 for just Saturday.

September 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Also, there is Rocktoberfest at Disney, the 21-23rd if anyone's interested in hitting that one..

September 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

Lots to choose from!

September 26, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Would rather do SMORR than Wheeling World as a preference

September 26, 2011 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

One of the main benefits of doing the show and shine was to be for fund raising purposes, selling burgers/brats to replenish our ministry fund. 

Could we do that at the Cave Springs show?  Also raffle prizes.

Real concern is time.  6 days from today?

September 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Randy, the First Baptist Church in Siloam Springs is having their Halloween festivities again this year.  They asked if any of us would like to bring our Jeeps out again to show off and give out candy.  I'm not exactly sure of the date. 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

September 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

D-Day Adventure Park is also hosting their annual Fall Invasion next weekend:

http://www.ddaypark.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/OR-Inv-2011.pdf

Casey

September 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, it looks like there is not enough interest in doing the Show & Shine this fall so we will wait and see what Spring brings.  Those that would like to participate in the Cave Springs car show I encourage you to go for it.  Jordan's gor a soccer game Saturday morning so I woun't make it.

I'm like Dean, I would lean toward a weekend at SMORR but I would be willing to do Jeep Weekend if that's what most want.  I will be doing the overlanding thing the last weekend of October if anyone is interested in doing that let me know.  Mark is working on a possible pre-run for the overlanding weekend that would start us out on Thursday and then join the others on Friday.

September 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, it's poll time.  If you have a preference for our October trail run please vote in the poll located in  the side bar.  You can only vote once but you can vote for more than one answer.

October 2, 2011 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

Randy,

The Southern Missouri Club will be at SMORR the weekeknd of the 22nd. Since this is our first outing together we decided it would be best to stay close to home. Also some are new to offroading and close to stock, I know the trails at SMORR well enough to stay off the ones that might give us trouble. We just want a day of relaxed trail riding and fellowship. So far I have four rigs for sure and two more maybe's. Any other folks who would like to join us are very welcome. Several of us will have our wifes and kids so bring em! It's a family affair!

Thanks,

Eric

417-335-0040

October 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well, it looks like the poll is close!  Since you could vote for multiple answers it's hard to tell if we had more than ten people actually voted.  If everyone voted for only one of the choices I'd say we might want to just split into groups and do all three of the top choices, if not it might be better to just choose one.  I really like SMORR because, 1) I'm ready for a weekend event and 2) I'd like to wheel with our new Southern MO chapter.  

What do ya'll think?  Should we try to do all three or just pick one?

October 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Makes sense to me.  Since all three top choices are for the same weekend, I'd say leave it open to choose where you want to go.  I'd like to go to SMORR...don't know if I can swing it yet or not.  If I can't make that option work, I'll head to Disney.

I should know soon which way I am headed.

October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm planning on SMORR.  I'll head over Friday night and come back home Saturday night.

Now I can meet some fellow Missouri wheelers!  :D

October 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, here's what I'm thinking.  It looks like there is possibly enough interest to participate in all three events on 10/22!  That is, have our club represented at all three.  What do ya'll think?  Our ATV chapter is also planning a run at Byrd's on the 22nd as well.  I think it would be awesome if we had enough interest that we could have members wheeling at four different parks on the same day!  That would be a great article for C4x4 as well! 

So post up which park you prefer for the 22nd and let's see if we have enough to participate in all three events. 

I think four or five of our new Southern MO chapter members will be at SMORR, Casey plans to camp at SMORR on the 21st and wheel on the 22nd.  I'm thinking I might head to SMORR on the 21st and come back on the 23rd if there are others that are staying for the weekend. 

If you are willing to take the lead for one of the other locations let me know.

October 13, 2011 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member
Me and the wife are going to disney sat the 22 and staying the night and wheeling the 23rd
--

October 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10