Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Trivia > here's a good one for ya

stano
Limited Member

In a 4 wheel drive vehicle traveling 65 mph at night what are the indicators the front drive line is about to explode and what will be the related carnage?  

Well lets just say I know the answer all too well after my trip home from the meeting tonite.  I can state for a fact  that when the front end of the front driveline comes loose  and sticks in the pavement its quite a ride.  I don't know where it came apart but the front half of the dl , the slip yoke and the u joint  are MIA.  The stupid thing is the u bolts that hold the ujoint in place are still there.  As far as the damage I have a dl (what's left) that's shaped like a j, a torn though exaust and the ps belt was knocked off and lodged behing the harmonic balancer.(which i might add makes a lot of smoke)  As far as the sparks and the fire works you would have just to had been there!!

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

April 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Wow!  Glad ya'll are alright!  Can't say I've had that happen before!

April 16, 2009 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Jeep or Truck

April 17, 2009 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Oh man!  You are OK right?  Does this mean you'll miss D-day?

April 17, 2009 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Jeep.  And nope I'm coming.  HAve a spare dl and going to the muffler shop this am to get a peice made.  should be there baring any un forseen carnage.

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

April 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5